The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 11, 2013, 07:06 PM   #51
led0321

Re: Glock 27 - Perfect pocket gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd2121 View Post
I have a G27 and the damn thing bites my hand. After several rounds my thumb joint where it meets the hand is bruised. My middle finger also gets mangled by the trigger guard. My trigger finger also gets sore. BTW I am 6' 220 and not really that fat

I wonder if my hands are too large for this little monster. I can shoot my G21 with comfort.

How about you other guys - is your strong hand sore after 100 rounds?
No not at all? I am about the same size just an inch shorter, Hickock 45 shoots them and he is huge
Old April 11, 2013, 09:31 PM   #52
RCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjd2121....I have a G27 and the damn thing bites my hand. After several rounds my thumb joint where it meets the hand is bruised. My middle finger also gets mangled by the trigger guard. My trigger finger also gets sore. BTW I am 6' 220 and not really that fat

I wonder if my hands are too large for this little monster. I can shoot my G21 with comfort.

How about you other guys - is your strong hand sore after 100 rounds?
I never had any problems with mine when I had it, wasn't bad to shoot at all, especially after I put the Pearce Grip extensions on the mags. At 5-9 I've got medium hands and it was comfortable to grip.
Old April 11, 2013, 09:33 PM   #53
Dashunde

The G27 does bother my hand when its ice cold outside.
Its not a pistol for those who dislike some recoil, but it is definitely the pistol for those who appreciate maximum power in a minimum package.

After my first trip to the range with mine I left with a giddy smile on my face...its the only gun that has ever happened with.
2000 rounds or so later my thoughts are the same...simply awesome little pistol.
Old April 11, 2013, 09:50 PM   #54

Nupe