The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 27, 2012, 11:06 AM   #1
TRguy

Canik C100 9mm

Well while I rarely see a new pistol I want now days I handled one the other day I felt the value was worth ordering one and trying it out.

The Canik C100 9mm CZ 75 Compact Clone

Over the years I have left Glock and bought M&Ps (Still have a 9c), Beretta's, etc... but I always came back to the Glock. I have a G19 OD and a G17 RTF....

A fellow forum member here who seems to a ideologue wrapped around CZ propaganda (You know who you are!) ordered this clone and though I rarely handle most of the firearms that come through for transfer, this one had a bit of intrigued.

Well the one I ordered has shipped and the tracking # says it will be here tomorrow. So I will let you know how it shoots when it gets here.

It is a pretty faithful rendition of a CZ 75 compact. At 22.6 oz (31oz loaded), it is also quite a bit lighter than a CZ. One difference that I did notice is the hammer pin isn't held in by an external retaining pin. There is a pin, but it is on the inside so replacing the hammer with an aftermarket one might be a problem. The only other big difference is that the recoil spring is braided:

I bought it from Bud's Gun Shop $345 with insurance shipped. (Cheaper than I could buy it wholesale.)
Old September 27, 2012, 06:44 PM   #2
tekarra

First off, I am a dyed in the wool cZ fan having shot them for thirty plus years. I also like the cZ75 Compact very much, have a pair of them, and have been looking for a light weight cZ 75 Compact for some time. About a month ago I purchase a Canik compact, which is very similar to the cZ Compact but not a clone. IMO, the Canik is a terrific pistol and, so far, has performed flawlessly. Even though the weight difference between the Canik and the cZ is only a few ounces, it feels much more. At the present time, I am considering purchasing another Canik compact and if I saw a full size Canik with a light weight frame, I would not hesitate in making the purchase.
Old September 27, 2012, 07:13 PM   #3
superfleet

Cant find this gun on the Bud's website. Care to give us a pointer?
Old September 27, 2012, 08:38 PM   #4
TRguy

Here you go:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...er+Grips+Blue+

It was under TriStar, they are the importer. Canik is the Mfg.
Old September 28, 2012, 03:13 PM   #5
superfleet

Holy crap! 341.00 and it ships free? A local FFL does transfers for vets at 10 bucks. I could have this baby at 351.00 total? Oh man.
Old September 28, 2012, 05:59 PM   #6
tekarra

Superfleet, I don't think you will be disappointed with one.
Old September 28, 2012, 10:04 PM   #7
Walter

That's a good looking gun, and the price is right, but I am wondering about magazines. Does it come with one, or two? Bud's website didn't say. Will it take CZ mags?
I have one CZ, a 2075, and have thought about getting a bigger one, this may be what I have been looking for.

Walter
Old September 29, 2012, 05:56 AM   #8
TJx

It comes with 2 MecGar marked magazines.
Tristar says CZ mags will fit but there is at least one owner that says they won't and has a comparison picture showing the difference.
Old September 29, 2012, 04:08 PM   #9
tekarra

Mine came with two Mec-Gar magazines. The first day out, I took along a cZ 75 Compact and swapped magazines back and forth between the two with no problems. Purchased mine from Academy.
Old October 11, 2012, 05:56 PM   #10
gator1gear

I bought a C100 a couple of weeks ago, and I LOVE it! Feels good in my hand, and comes with two Megcar mags. My Buddy has a CZ75 compact, and his mags fit my c100 and work flawlessly!