The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 2, 2007, 10:00 AM   #1
wbill

Weihrauch HW60M, Info needed

I'm picking up a Weihrauch HW60M soon and need some Info/Links for it. Can anyone help? Thanks, Bill
Old June 5, 2007, 09:23 PM   #2
SDC

Beeman Precision Firearms was the importer for these, as I recall, and they may be able to help you out with some info.
Old June 6, 2007, 09:56 PM   #3
JohnKSa
Staff

Sorta...

Beeman Precision AIRGUNS imported a lot of Weihrauch airguns but never sold any of them with the Weihrauch brand on them. And, as far as I know, they never imported any firearms of any kind.

Is there (was there) a company called Beeman Precision Firearms?
Old June 6, 2007, 10:01 PM   #4
SDC

No, Beeman had a subsidiary that dealt just in high-end firearms (mainly match 22 rifles, but even things like Korth revolvers); I've seen their catalog, but I don't think it lasted too long.
Old June 6, 2007, 10:08 PM   #5
JohnKSa
Staff

VERY interesting--I had no idea.

Did they operate in the U.S.?
Old June 7, 2007, 07:47 AM   #6
SDC

The catalog I saw was laid out just like the "Beeman Precision Airgun" catalog, with the same sort of photos and a blurb from Beeman himself inside the front cover. You could tell that they were looking at the Olympic/match shooter, from the firearms and accessories they offered, but I don't think they were able to "corner the market" the way they had hoped.
Edit to add: "The Blue Book of Airguns" says that Beeman offered "certain precision firearms" from 1983 until 1993, while the company was known as "Beeman Precision Arms", after which the company was sold to S/R Industries.