The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 3, 2014, 11:01 PM   #76
Jay24bal

Quote:
Being a bit boring and conservative I have a new stainless R1 GI style coming next week.
I also have the 1911 R1S. It has been flawless for the 700ish rounds I have put through it, not even a hiccup during the "break-in period." I have only shot FMJ through it (mostly reloads), so I can not speak to HP ammo.

The only modification I made to mine was to install an extended grip safety (beavertail) and a corresponding hammer to make it work as I was getting bit by the hammer a bit since I have big hands. I called Remington and ordered the grip safety for the R1S Enhanced as I wanted the same finish color on the part that is on the rest of the gun. It did require a decent amount of fitting, but works well and looks good now. With a drop-in Wilson combat hammer, it was good to go.

Once Fired Brass, Top quality, Fast shipping, Best prices.
http://300AacBrass.com/ -10% Coupon use code " Jay24bal "
Old February 5, 2014, 04:58 PM   #77
meathead

R1 Reminton

A really nice R1 Pistol. At least you will get to shoot yours. I wondered into a shop awhile back and there laid a Remington R1 100 year anniversary Browning 1of 500. Box, papers, warranty, and display case. I have almost taken it out three times and shot it just to see if it has the accuracy to go along with the looks! I didn't I guess I bought it for the finish and engraving. I think if I had to do it over I would pick up your pistol. It looks great, appears accurate, and you have the pleasure of bringing one to the range that most likely no one else has! Great looking have fun!!!!!!!
Old February 5, 2014, 05:44 PM   #78
Rabbitt

Well I certainly wasn't expecting this thread to come back.

Yep I still have the pistol and yep I still shoot it and yep I still like it a lot.

But now that I have seen this thread again it has reminded me that I have not had this one or a few of the other 1911s out for a run lately. Have to fix that real soon.

Rabbitt
Para; Browning; Colt; Henry; Rossi; Kimber; Magnum Research; Rock Island; Ruger; S&W; Sig; Taurus; Chiappa; Remington; Remington Shotgun; Hi Point Carbine; Bushmaster; ISSC; Beretta; Marlin. .22; .380; 9mm; .38; .357; .45; 12 gauge; .223/5.56.
Variety is the spice of life.
Old February 6, 2014, 12:39 AM   #79
JimmyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitt
Well I certainly wasn't expecting this thread to come back.
Look at the paint job on your R1, and tell me again you didn't expect this thread to rise from the grave?

Old February 6, 2014, 09:42 AM   #80
mburmaster

WOW I like that but probably should not of looked at it, might have to get one.
Old February 25, 2014, 02:53 AM   #81
savagest

I like it!
Old February 25, 2014, 03:16 AM   #82
SHE3PDOG

I'll admit to having some of Hornady's zombie ammo just for the heck of it, but I'm not really that into zombies. I like the finish, but I wouldn't buy it. That being said, I'm working on a pretty eccentric AR build right now involving the Hellbreaker lower receiver. It is nice to venture away from the norm sometimes.

Marine, NRA member, SAF Defender's Club member, and constitutionally protected keeper and bearer of firearms
Old February 25, 2014, 05:57 AM   #83
Primses

remington is just comming out with more options for the base model academy still has lots of them with the rosewood remington medalions
Old February 25, 2014, 04:36 PM   #84
southjk

Quote:
Look at the paint job on your R1, and tell me again you didn't expect this thread to rise from the grave?
Zombie thread for the zombie gun. Nice.
Old February 27, 2014, 03:43 PM   #85
dgludwig

I won't comment on the finish (seems that some opinions in this thread regarding how it appeals to or is disliked by individuals are viewed by some as being too "personal"), but I will say that the fit of the slide to the frame looks nice and tight. How well the gun shoots in terms of accuracy and reliability are way more important than how a gun looks. That said, appearance does count for me but I like what I like and I don't much care about what other people think of my tastes.