The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 26, 2012, 07:12 PM   #1
flashhole

Want to help a youth get started handloading?

I ran this on a couple other forums and the response has been pretty good. Drew is a responsible 15 year old who does odd jobs when not doing farm chores. He saved his money and bought a 243 Winchester. Went through hunter safety and will be in the woods this year trying for his first deer. He has taken an interest in handloading and I will mentor him through the learning process.

I asked if anyone had spare components or equipment they cared to donate. Below are the haves and needs. If you care to donate something PM me and I will send my contact info. I will post pics when I get the stuff pieced together.

Have
Bullets, Brass, Dies (on the way), Deburring Tool, Case Length Gage, Trimmer & Lock Stud, Powder Measure, Scale

Need
Primer Pocket Cleaner or Uniformer, Calipers, Priming Tool, Reloading Manual, Dipper Cups

Thanks in advance if you can help.

Are you ready for civil war?
Old August 27, 2012, 07:35 AM   #2
David Bachelder

Is there a way to send him a little cash? Maybe PayPal to you then you write a check? Maybe PayPal directly to him?

I'd be glad to donate $20.00 or so.
Old August 27, 2012, 03:10 PM   #3
flashhole

David - PM sent

Are you ready for civil war?