The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 16, 2006, 12:32 PM   #1
BIGJACK

Winchester Factory Loads.

I pulled up a web site the other day that had specific data for Winchester over the counter ammuntion loads. I cannot find it again. Will some one please help. I get the winchester sited and what comes up is not what I had the other day. I am specifically looking for the 100gr loads for .243 win. Help will be appreciate. Thanks.
Old January 17, 2006, 05:27 AM   #2
shero

does this help ??

jim

http://www.winchester.com/products/c...ype=1&action=1
Old January 17, 2006, 08:40 AM   #3
BIGJACK

Naw! but thanks anyhow. I have looked all over the winchester.com site and it is just not there. What I want is the specific charges for different velocities. I have a rifle that shoots the 100 gr winchesters pretty good and I found the site once and it showed 44 grs of win760 along with other loads for different velocities. I am tryhing to get down to about 28-2900 fps witht he 760 since the rifle shoots PMC 100grs exceptionally well but I understand that they are going out of business. I ask um about it on their site and they have not responded so I assume it is right. Thanks anyhow shero, have a nice day.
Old January 17, 2006, 10:34 AM   #4
Countertop

Can you even purchase the powder winchester uses?

(pardon me if this is a dumb question, I just got reloading equipment and reloaded my first batch of handgun ammo this weekend).
Old January 17, 2006, 11:01 AM   #5
BIGJACK

In the case that I am interested in the answer is yes. I found the table before and it showed Winchester Ball 760 as the powder used and how much, along with the other data such as velocity, for the cartridge that I was shooting.