The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old August 10, 2015, 09:02 PM   #51
Ballenxj

@ garyc, how do you like your Glock 26?
Old August 10, 2015, 09:20 PM   #52
DA/SA Fan

I do apologize for starting this little side trip on the OP's thread. It just wears on my nerves when almost every post about almost any type of gun gets people posting stuff to the effectof "Get a Glock and thank me later." At a point it just gets silly. In this case there was at least some reason for a Glock suggestion, although to be respectful of people coming here for honest opinions from other experienced gun owners the suggestion to get a Glock should be followed by some semblance of a reason why it might be a good choice for the OP.

Again, I apologize to the OP. The tangent isn't very helpful either.
Old August 10, 2015, 09:33 PM   #53
garryc

Pretty well actually. I got it new condition for $400 and it's a Gen 4. Just got it to the carry stage, need to shoot it some more really. Backup mag is a 17 mag.

It's thicker than I'm used to for this time of year, normally I carry the Shield in the summer. I will probably retire the Sig P250 SC this winter and carry the 26. The size Glock it is seems to carry better than the XD subcompact which is a bit bigger.

My first Glock, had I not walked into the price I would not have bought one, at least not there. My LE supplier is 2-1/2 hours south of me and the price I got was exactly the same. Buds, $145 more.

As far as the Glock/M+P/XD debate I never really saw a difference. All about the same to me. All I see is subjective opinions, not much more.
Old August 10, 2015, 09:39 PM   #54
Ballenxj

Thanks garryc, I found an interesting deal on one, and I'm kind of in a half hearted negotiation over it.
I don't really need it, but I kind of want it. Does that make sense?
Old August 10, 2015, 09:41 PM   #55
garryc

Perfect sense. My concealed carry selection is starting to resemble my wife's shoes.
Old August 10, 2015, 09:55 PM   #56
Ballenxj

Wife's shoes? Haha, good analogy. I think I'm more curious than anything else. If I get it, it'll be my first Glock.
Old August 11, 2015, 07:06 PM   #57
rodfac

Can't speak to the 9mm version, but son #2's XD-S in 45 ACP is one hellofa gun. That fiber optic front sight is truly visible if there is any light whatsoever and his accuracy with it has to be seen to be believed. 50+ yard hits with a full magazine on 6" round steel poppers are no problem. If you're into composite frame autos, that Springfield is a real contender. Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old August 13, 2015, 06:39 AM   #58
Skeets
Member in memoriam

My son and I are very happy with our two Ruger LC9s.They are versatile and utterly reliable plus accurate too!
Old August 13, 2015, 08:55 PM   #59
Rifleman1952

Springfield Armory Mod 2 in 9mm. Easy to carry, reliable, 13+1 or 16+1. Accurate and soft shooting. My favorite CCW of all time. No disrespect for CZ or Glock.
Old August 15, 2015, 05:35 AM   #60
NWCP

I'd highly recommend the Kahr PM9. It's the best subcompact 9mm out there. JMHO
Old September 1, 2015, 10:42 PM   #61
Ballenxj

Guys, I'm thinking about the M&P9c to compliment my full size.
Any thoughts on it?
Old September 2, 2015, 12:09 AM   #62
DannyB1954

For deep concealment the Diamondback DB9 is hard to beat. Mine has never failed at the range.
Old September 3, 2015, 01:44 PM   #63
wwwprof

I have a CZ 75D. Straight out of the box, imho, the trigger is not very good. I sent mine to Cajun Gun Works to do their magic (CZ Custom is just as good). The trigger is now on par with my Wilson Combat and is just as accurate. It is a little heavy to carry on my hip (again imho) and I carry it in a 5.11 bag. I have an H&K P30SK that I carry IWB that you may want to add to your list to consider.
Old September 3, 2015, 02:28 PM   #64
Walt Sherrill

The CZ compact I prefer is the CZ P-07. Great trigger out of the box, lighter, and arguably as easy as (or easier) to shoot well as the PCR, the P-01, or the CZ Compact (which has a safety rather than a decocker.) The P-07 is user-changeable from safety to decocker or vice versa.
Old September 3, 2015, 02:50 PM   #65
Fulingyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Sherrill View Post
The CZ compact I prefer is the CZ P-07. Great trigger out of the box, lighter, and arguably as easy as (or easier) to shoot well as the PCR, the P-01, or the CZ Compact (which has a safety rather than a decocker.) The P-07 is user-changeable from safety to decocker or vice versa.
The cz p-07 is a nice gun. The trigger is smooth out of the box. Both the double action and single action is great! The one thing I did like about this gun is the option for a safety or decocker. The thing I dislike about the cz pistol (in general) is the slide assembly. From top to bottom the side rail is too thin for my liking. The gun does shoot amazing. Still a great gun and the price is good too.
Old September 3, 2015, 06:01 PM   #66
puppyface

With those guns, it will ultimately come down to a preference for either a striker fire vs. hammer. I own a CZ 75 compact and it is one of my favorite weapons. It is heavy if you get the all steel model. It is also very accurate and reliable.