Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 20, 2009, 06:23 PM   #26
SAIGAFISH

full suspinsion striat downhill

im to fast on the trail for anything to catch me any
way so it does'nt matter
Old December 21, 2009, 11:28 PM   #27
The Great Mahoo

Often, when I go biking it is for most of a day, so I where a backpack. I tied on-bike cargo mounts, but never liked them, so always end up just wearing a pack on my shoulders, or a smaller fanny pack, depending on how long I plan on being out or if I think I may stop somewhere. As such, I have just gotten gear that accomodates.

I use the Demon pack from CamalBak, which houses a compartment for a handgun inthe small of the back. Any of my handguns, from my carry compact to full size revolvers will fit in it, giving me plenty of options depending on where I am going. The pack itself is large enough to hold plenty of water, some food, and my text books for when I want to stop somewhere and get some work done while I rest my legs.

The fanny pack, being much smaller, doesnt have the niceties. It does hold my .357 snub, or Glock well, but would provide for much slower draw. Holds 2 spare water bottles, too.
Old December 22, 2009, 09:29 PM   #28
kinoons

I have a safepacker and it works great. They make a h2o bottle carrier attachment. I also recently purchased a camelpak goblin (damn wish I could find a demon) and if you can track one down it would work great for you.