The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 23, 2000, 09:42 AM   #1
WalterGAII

On a previous order from Natchez, (great prices) when I got the UPS tracking number, it kept coming back "Manifest Pickup Received". After three or four days of that, I called Natchez, talked with somebody in Customer Service, and was told that by some fluke, my order had not left their building yet. I finally got the order...several days after I'd been told that it'd been shipped.
Now comes my second order from Natchez. 15k primers and 8# of powder. They debited my VISA account two days ago. Told me yesterday that the order had been shipped, but that the UPS tracking number wasn't available yet, as "it's assigned when the package reaches the UPS hub." That's a plain lie and a crock. Called back today and talked with somebody in Customer Service. She didn't seem to be too enthusiastic about her job. She also told me that her records indicated that the package had been shipped yesterday, but that it must not have, or it would have a UPS tracking number.

Natchez offers good prices and a good selection of reloading products, but they will lie to you and will debit your cc accounts for days before they actually ship.

[This message has been edited by WalterGAII (edited March 23, 2000).]
Old March 23, 2000, 11:24 AM   #2
tonyz

Call and ask for the manager of the customer service dept. Maybe you'll get faster shipment and more reliable information.
I Know I sure would!
Also demand to know why they debeted your account before shipment!

Good Luck

Tony Z

------------------
www.vote.com
Old March 23, 2000, 08:34 PM   #3
Big Bunny

I found Natchez hopeless for overseas orders. THEY DIDN'T WANT TO TRADE !!

Like the worst Government Department you can imagine......never again for me.
Old April 9, 2000, 11:18 AM   #4
Gunrnr

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but my experience with NSS is very similar to that with Widener's (see my sad tale of woe in that thread).

Be assured they are definitely equal opportunity -- they treat FFLs making large orders as poorly as they treat Joe Sixpack trying to save a buck on a small order.

For the life of me, I don't understand how amateur outfits like Natchez, Widener's and Lipsey can stay in business!