The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 23, 2007, 10:09 AM   #1
lcberlin

Leupold VX series scopes

Anybody use the VX-I or VX-II scope on their 10/22 rifle, or any other .22lr rifle? I like the Varmit hunter reticle, but not the price, and then I saw the VX-I Long Range Duplex reticle, and thought that would be nice. I really like what I read about the VX-II Long Range Duplex in the 4-12x50mm, and found it in a price I am willing to pay. Just would like to hear some reviews from anyone

Thanks!
Old March 23, 2007, 10:15 AM   #2
Metaloy Industries

I have a VX1 on my Winschester .308. The best scope for the money. The paralax will be off slightly for your rimfire.

www.originalmetaloy.com
The 'Original' Hard Chrome finish
TactiKote finish
Visit the Metaloy Blog http://metaloyindustries.typepad.com/
Old March 23, 2007, 02:46 PM   #3
boltgun71

I have two VX-I's one on a centerfire rifle and the other on a shotgun, one VX-II 3-9x33mm EFR on a .22lr, and two VX-III's on centerfire rifles. I dont have one with the LR Duplex, would have liked one but they came out with it the year after I bought my last one. I love all my Leupolds. They are all clear, sharp, dead-on exact adjustments, strong, multiple options/features, and have lifetime warranties. The higher you go in the VX line the more features and options you get, but in the end they are all still under the same great lifetime warranty. I would recommend a Leupold over any other brand. The VX-I's and II's are great scopes especially for the money. Other scopes may do the same for less, but few will last as long as a Leupold or are covered with as good of a warranty.
Old April 13, 2007, 12:44 PM   #4
Daniel BOON

way back in the 60's

my father always used Leupold scopes. in fact, I have a 2-7 that he bought way back 60's I believe. I sent it back to the factoy for a tune up at no charge. ya can't beat that.
Old April 17, 2007, 10:43 PM   #5
.22marlin

I orderd an armalite ar-50 and the dealer said they would throw in a VX-II 6-18x40 I realize the scope isn't the best for the gun but I'm wondering if it will be good for the 200-400 yrd ranges that are currently available to me? Also, is it going to handle the recoil? I understand there's a lifetime warranty on it but I don't want to have to send it back every time I pull the trigger.