The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old January 13, 2013, 08:38 PM   #1
leadchucker

2nd Amendment March Question

A forum search turned up several threads regarding previous second amendment marches, but there seemed to be nothing on this current one.

I would not have been aware of it if I hadn't seen Hickok45's video on it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yMcH...-yTtfg&index=1

Doesn't seem to be much publicity about it, but it sounds like a good idea if there is enough participation. I'm trying to decide if I want to make a five-hour one way trip to be there. Worth it? Anyone planning to go to one?
Old January 14, 2013, 04:58 PM   #2
D.W. Drang

This one?
https://www.facebook.com/events/144639815690301/
http://thecluemeter.blogspot.com/
Old January 14, 2013, 09:32 PM   #3
Magnum Mike

I just might have too! It's one way to show that we want our rights. If it works for gay rights it sure cant hurt for gun rights. We do need to do something and not just sit a talk about it!
Old January 14, 2013, 10:19 PM   #4
Alabama Shooter

Nearly 10K confirmed marchers already. Interesting.
Old January 15, 2013, 09:16 AM   #5
leadchucker

I'm a bit surprised that there weren't already threads about this. I would have thought this would be all over the gun forums.
Old January 15, 2013, 12:33 PM   #6
Ben Towe

My only issue with stuff like this is that it encourages the idiot guild to show up as well. The last thing we we need is a bunch of crazies (James Yeager types, or worse) to show up at one of these in full battle turn out and burn effigies of the President or worse yet, start a riot. That would be supremely bad.
Old January 15, 2013, 12:59 PM   #7
tulsamal

Quote:
My only issue with stuff like this is that it encourages the idiot guild to show up as well. The last thing we we need is a bunch of crazies (James Yeager types, or worse) to show up at one of these in full battle turn out and burn effigies of the President or worse yet, start a riot. That would be supremely bad.
I agree. But don't use this as your excuse not to go. Instead it should be the reason for the "regular gun owners" to turn out by the thousands at every state capital. Be calm and respectful. Don't dress in camo. If you are lucky enough to get interviewed by the media, don't start screaming your most primal feelings about Obama and Feinstein. Remind yourself of the audience, count to ten inside, then give them a calm and rational statement.

Gregg
Old January 15, 2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Alabama Shooter

Quote:
My only issue with stuff like this is that it encourages the idiot guild to show up as well.
I would expect there to be people there to spoil the march by pretending to be supporters, getting planted in front of a camera and sailing off the deep end.