The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 10, 2007, 11:50 AM   #1
reverendray

Three Dot night sights Taurus 24/7

I am seeking a three dot night sight or at least a three dot sight to replace the horrible (at least for me) two dot sight on a Taurus 24/7 9mm w/4" barrel. A good gun but the two dot system is just too much for a fella with at least thirty plus years of cop work and on pistols always using a three dot sight.
Thanks
Old February 15, 2007, 02:04 AM   #2
jboley

24/7 sights

Unfortunately at this time the only sights available are the heine straight 8 or 2 dot sights which are horrible. I contacted taurus and they gave me the number to the company they have make the sights. The company told me they were in process of making night sights, and plain black sights and would call when they get some made.
Old February 21, 2007, 04:41 PM   #3
fixboot

Any word from them yet? I cant STAND the sights on my mil pro .45!
Nothing is more satisfying than a brick of .22, a few empty soda cans and all day to shoot at them..........nothing other than......Hmm...maybe my AK-47 and a bag of apples? DAMMIT who has 7.62x39 on sale right now?
Old August 26, 2008, 08:07 AM   #4
Beerad

Beerad

Sirs, I agree with the commentary about the Heinie Straight 8 sights. They do nothing for me. Heinie makes some great other sights, as does MMC, PT Nightsights, others, etc... that will fit the Taurus 24/7. I prefer not to cut it up though and am looking for sights that simulate the white outline and red/orange front ramp or dot. Also, a set of good night sights would be good. PT Nightsights has them by the dozens. Take a look at http://store.ptnightsights.com. Many other brands and models are also listed. If anyone has ordered from them and likes/dislikes the fit, let us all know.
Ciao!