The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 31, 2002, 08:33 AM   #1
Quantrill

TV coverage of CAS

Good news - back at the May gathering of the Boot Hill Gang in Topton, Pa., the news channel for the Comcast cable system (CN8) sent a camera crew to record the goings-on. Well the producer finally got back to me with an air date - Wednesday, June 12th. They have two (2) one-hour newscasts, 7pm & 10pm. We will be somewhere near the end of the show, but I don't have an exact time - that's just the nature of the beast in the news business. For anyone curious, they were doing segments on what people like to do for their alter-egos on the weekends (I had to explain w/ folks like me, it ain't just the weekend ). The other segments were of the SCA (Society of Creative Anachronism) - knights in armour, jousting etc., and a Span-Am re-enactment on the cruiser USS Olympia (Adm Dewey's flagship for the battle of Manila Bay) which is docked here in Philly at Penn's Landing.
Anyway, this marks the 2nd time on TV for the Boot Hill Gang, last year on FOX29 on Good Day Philadelphia, and now primetime!
Yee-Haw!!
From the Cradle of Liberty and the Home of Cheesesteaks // GBA, RKBA