The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 20, 2010, 07:47 AM   #26
BlueTrain

You know, if you look through very old catalogs and reprints like the old Shooters Bible, it is impressive to see the selection of guns no longer available. In fact, hardly any from 1940 are still around in the same form. But Skeeter Skelton mentioned in passing that many models, referring there to S&W revolvers, were difficult to find in stores. But I suppose there are models today you might have trouble finding an actual speciman to examine. I also not that between 1940 and 1959, those being two years I have catalogs to compare, that many models continued almost unchanged, though all the S&W revolvers had been updated.
Buy War Bonds.
Old October 20, 2010, 09:44 AM   #27
jazzmanDK

Location: Tampa Bay South (Just outside St Petersburg) Florida
1969 not much different than '71

In 1969 I bought a Smith & Wesson Mod. 36 (Bird's Head wood grip) for 69.95 at the Ivanhoe Gun Shop in Watertown, MA.

Today I'm asked to pay upwards of $350 for the same piece. Not a complaint, just an odd comment. And the Smith is still my favorite carry piece.

Zip