The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 22, 2011, 03:33 AM   #1
marka4504

9mm Para-Ordanance P18 Limited are they any good

Hey looking at buying a new Para-Ordanance P18 limited in 9mm. I know nothing about this gun and was looking for advice on them good or bad before I buy. Any advice welcomed
Mark
Old March 22, 2011, 04:19 AM   #2
Rugerismisticness

Yes, they are VERY good. There is little info out on them, but the m1911.org/forum is the best place to go. I have one that was from before they changed the lineup to the "Limited" series. I really can't say too much about it, I've only put 50rnds through in a whole 8months The slide to frame fit is very tight, it holds 18+1, the chamber support isn't very good (I hoped that the ramped barrel would give better support, it doesn't), it is well fitted in terms of beavertails and barrels, the barrel is very accurate (my very first group is a cloverleaf at 15yards), and the trigger is amazing. This is the best bang for the buck, I really enjoy the adjustible sights.

It comes with 2 mags, case and bushing wrench.

I did feel it necessary on mine to replace the bushing and recrown the barrel. The internal contact surface of the bushing was very rough and was scraping the barrel, i fitted a Nighhawk custom bushing. The barrel crown was cut very roughly, I was pretty dissappointed by this, but I also have no trouble recrowning barrels.

Tags
.38 , 9mm , advice , auto , para