The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old March 4, 2000, 02:56 PM   #1
CrociJA

Just got back from LFI, aside from the fact that I learned A LOT, I received many complements on my M/D holster (www.gunsandgold.com). The holster, belt and accompanying mag pouches stood up under pressure and all I can say is that even with my shirt over my G-21, the holster really didn't "print". It stayed close to my side and was quite comfortable to draw. The only bad thing is that the mag pouches weren't as broken in as I would of liked, but I got them out within the requisite time to "qualify". Now that I'm at home, I'm putting what I learned to practice, and the pouches seem to be coming along nicely (just tight enough to ensure good retention without "sticking" on the tactical reload).
Let me just add that I'm a relative novice to pistolcraft, but I was pleased with the quality, reliability and price (~$140.00) of the entire rig. I believe it was listed as the "Special #2", and was made to order by M/D for a G-21.
I looked at other rig's but none came close to M/D's price and now I'm sure M/D's rig equals the majority of holsters on the market if not leads in superior quality.
Saw a Milt Sparks, a Galco and some others at the range (all right-side pistol belt, with accompanying left side mag pouches), compared my rig to theirs didn't see any appreciable difference in quality. Time will tell, but for now I'm sticking to M/D.
Old March 4, 2000, 08:48 PM   #2
Jeff OTMG

Mark does nice work and I assure you it is better than Galco and in the same class as a Sparks or Alessi. He even makes a holster I designed, the YCS and we are working on a YCO.
Old March 4, 2000, 09:14 PM   #3
Mark THG

Thank you for the compliment. I do try to make a product that exceeds others.
Actually my web site has 2 URL's the second is www.customholsters.com

------------------
www.customholsters.com
M/D ENTERPRISES Custom Concealment Holsters
Gunleather so nice it's almost a crime to conceal it
[email protected]

Old March 5, 2000, 06:00 PM   #4
Special Agent

Jeff OTMG,

What is a YCO?

What difference would there be between that and the YCS?

Also, Mark, I seem to recall you asking me to test out a YCS model weeks and weeks ago... It that offer still valid?

------------------
Yours Truly,

Special Agent
Old March 5, 2000, 06:10 PM   #5
Mark THG

Agent, e mail me about the test holster. The YCO is a version of the YCS as yet unreleased. It will be striclty an on the belt holster. There will be no screws on the front for the IWB belt attachment.

------------------
www.customholsters.com
M/D ENTERPRISES Custom Concealment Holsters
Gunleather so nice it's almost a crime to conceal it
[email protected]
Old March 7, 2000, 05:47 PM   #6
Jeff OTMG

Specal Agent, as Mark stated it is a holster built with the features I specified when designing the YCS, but will only have the wing slots to work as a pancake. I wanted an OWB holster that I could have made for my longer barreled autos like the Commander, Govt Model, Browning HP, CZ-85, SIG P220, and P226, that had a good rake to allow it to be worn in the 4:30 position. You might think that holster is available from a number of people. The trick is to look at the relationship between the top of the belt and the front of the trigger guard. Most holsters made today are made with the trigger guard almost at the bottom of the belt, the YCO will have a much higher ride. This will make the holster more comfortable while seated in a car and combined with the rake will make a long barrel auto easier to conceal, potentially under a waist length jacket (we will have to wait and see). Mark makes the YCS so it can be worn either way, my YCS holsters are made rough side out for without the belt slots for IWB only. The YCO will be the counter part to what I suppose we should call the YCI.
Old March 8, 2000, 06:50 PM   #7
Special Agent

Thanks for the info!

MarkTHG, I e-mailed you a couple days ago with my name, address and a request for further info...

Thanks!