The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old May 4, 2011, 05:31 PM   #26
Hardy

Ok, I guess I was referring to the trigger and said hammer notch w/out proper thinkin. (Been doin Real Estate Appraisals and they are not fun Probabably wrote too much in a hurry after a stressful day --but forgive me please--- Now- the long end of that spring(Sear) has to sit on the shelf of the top notch in trigger. That end will wear either quickly or last a long time, but eventually it won't be long enough to fit the trigger. They have to be replaced but not the trigger. They are inexpensive and they are a sear. Colt Parts call them the sear---Others call them the trigger/bolt spring
WBH
Old May 4, 2011, 05:55 PM   #27
Hardy

Yeah, it's been a long past 10 days. I just read back over your recent posts after I wrote my previous. Well, yes I have taken these guns down and reworked parts, replaced parts etc. Fittd hammer hands, stamped hammer hand springs, blued, polished hammer slots, finished grips---but, I just don't know why I got hammer and trigger confused. I think I was more enthralled with someone taking nipple plugs out and dry firing them and got caught aback when I realized the hammer wouldn't go further thru the slot. Hammer was on my tensed mind and I really meant trigger.
God Bless You All
Bye,
WBH
Old May 4, 2011, 07:49 PM   #28
junkman_01

Hardy,

No big deal. Go lie down and you'll feel better in the morning.
Old May 5, 2011, 01:39 PM   #29
Frontier

This is what happens when you dry fire a Colt!

Frontier

Old May 5, 2011, 01:48 PM   #30
junkman_01

With no nipples, yes, and the geometry is a little off on that piece. The hammer should be contacting the frame before the hammer gets that far. That hammer needs adjustment!