The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old August 19, 2012, 02:34 PM   #1
bighead46

16 Gauge Win Polyform Hulls

I'm looking for load data for these hulls. Thanks.
Old August 20, 2012, 08:44 PM   #2
2hand

You might try the 16ga forum. There is an entire forum dedicated to the 16 ga and I have been extremely pleased with their data info.

www.16ga.com/forum/
Old August 21, 2012, 10:18 AM   #3
bighead46

I'll try there. I don't know why more 16 gauge data isn't around. For all you younger folks, when I started out there wasn't that many magnums around so a 3" 20 gauge wasn't in the works. The 16 gauge was therefore the ultimate upland gun. I still think that a 1 oz load in a 16 gauge is theoretically superior to the same in a 20 ga. because the wider bore deflects less shot- or so goes the theory. In any event there are still a lot of old and perfectly fine 16 gauge guns out there and I never could figure out why more isn't made of them. I have a side by side, the weight is about the same as most 20 gauge guns. It doesn't have screw in chokes, it has a modified and full- which is all I need and the patterns are good.
Old August 21, 2012, 10:22 AM   #4
2hand

They have a sub-forum that is strictly reloading. I think it's a one time payment of $10 or $20 but you can access their reload database forever and that has thousands of loads with virtually all components.