The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old November 8, 2002, 01:37 PM   #1
don't shoot it's me

don hume firs agent

anyone have one of these for a j-frame...thinking of picking one up...any thoughts form owners?
Old November 8, 2002, 02:27 PM   #2
Kentucky Rifle

Yep...

Got one of those too. Prior to my wife giving me the Rafter stuff, I carried my 331 J-frame in a "First Agent". High ride for concealment and very comfortable. Go ahead and get it! The only negative I found was this. I wear jeans a lot. The tip of the barrel of your 442 will stick out of the botton of the FA a little. You will have to position the holster so the end of the barrel is AWAY from that rivet on the watch pocket of your jeans. OR...you'll get a scratch. And I KNOW what a little scratch on the barrel of your newly hard-chromed 442 would do to your comportment.

KR
Old November 8, 2002, 07:57 PM   #3
don't shoot it's me

You are so right about that scratching business...though I'm sure hard chrome is harder than brass....the gun wiill probably scratch my rivets.......and looking at my jeans i see my rivet is pretty far forward.....where the heck do you wear your guns Mr. Kentucky?

Heck, I should just buy yours since you carry all that cool sharskin stuff now....it is black I assume? gunners and wrbs only show brown leather...

Last edited by don't shoot it's me; November 8, 2002 at 08:39 PM.
Old November 9, 2002, 11:46 AM   #4
Kentucky Rifle

Nope~ not black...

Dark brown. And I really do like it. I've *collected *several J-frames over the decades, and the FA is a good J-frame holster. I just took a look at my "rivets" and I don't really KNOW how the barrel got scratched a little. I wear only two brands of jeans..LL Bean & "Toters" by Blackie Collins. Man! I hurt my neck trying to look around at those damn rivets! Why didn't I just take my pants off?? DUH!!

KR
Old November 9, 2002, 12:12 PM   #5
don't shoot it's me

Okay, I'll get my own, but I do want black....does it come in black? The websites don't list it but the picture sure looks black. And who the hell is Blackie Collins?
Old November 9, 2002, 06:34 PM   #6
Pinball

If it's the Blackie Collins I'm familiar with,he is a well known knife designer/maker.
Old November 10, 2002, 04:16 PM   #7
Kentucky Rifle

Don't Shoot...

You might have to special order one in black. Call Kim Fiedler. She's the customer Service head. Tell her I sent you. (Will Mattingly)

You never heard of Blackie?? Go to his website and take a look at those "Toters" jeans. They're a little more expensive, but to me, worth every penny. Blackie told me himself that he had trouble finding denim made in the USA...and he refused to make Toters out of foreign denim. That's one reason that Toters cost more.

KR
Old November 10, 2002, 04:56 PM   #8
Gunnersalley

If you're referring to the Don Hume First Agent (H710), it is available in black or saddle brown with a plain leather finish.

Gunner's Alley
www.gunnersalley.com