The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old June 20, 2005, 01:22 PM   #1
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Standard Model C .22 short?

An older gentleman I know quite well showed me a piece of history yesterday, A Hi Standard Model C .22 short semi-auto pistol. I'd never seen or heard of one, but a search showed them to be made around 1933, and one site said only 4700 were made. This one is in pretty good shape. There is no rust, dings, or scarring, and the blueing is moderately worn. I'm interested in any other trivia surrounding this gun, and roughly what he could reasonably expect from a collector, were he to sell it. Thanks folks!

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie
Old June 20, 2005, 01:27 PM   #2
Quantrill

I think I remember a later High Standard "short" pistol that was a "ISU" (International Shooting Union)???