The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old December 18, 2006, 05:55 PM   #51
Prophet

You guys are right...

I know you guys are right and i'm just going to chill out.
If they were serious and knew where I lived (which I think they do) they would have done something by now.
Thanks for all your time and advice it really helped me out through this time of need.
Thats what TFL is all about.
Old January 1, 2007, 05:25 PM   #52
NCHornet

I just read this whole post and you guys that said "bake them some cookies and apologize to them" need to wake up. This ain't a 50's gang were talking about. Were talking about more than likely, heavily armed street terrorists, and there is no dealing with scum like this. I don't know if your town is a small town like mine, but I wouldn't be foling any complaints about any of the local cops, even if it is deserved, he made be a cop on the take, but his fellow cops might not know this and just think you are anti cop. Document everything. Install the cameras, especially a view of the street where you can record their drive by's. When you hear the loud music DON'T GO NEAR THE WINDOW AND PEAK OUT!!! You are asking to get caught. Until this is resolved spend all your time at home at the rear of the house with all the front drapes closed. Get your wife into a CCW permit class yesterday. Thugs like this are usually only a threat when they are with others, they are cowards by themselves. I think if they were going to do a drive by they would have done it. They are enjoying seeing how scared you are. I would send messages through your friends and brothers that you aren't scared of them and have taken precautions to protect yourself against them, but don't elaborate!!! They already know your armed, that is what probably has kept them from attacking. Make sure you are packing at all times and show no fear in front of these punks, but on the other hand don't start anything either. If they start talking smack just keep on walking like you didn't hear them. Try and avoid places whhere you are alone, try and stay in public places around other people all the time. Avoid being out late at night by yourself.Good luck and be safe.
Old January 10, 2007, 08:25 PM   #53
DeathRodent

Well Prophet --- update?

Well its Jan. 10th now --- anything more happen?
Old January 11, 2007, 09:39 AM   #54
Prophet

Nope nothing... As small as our town is I had figured I would run into them again, but not a peep... But I've been doing everything that we all spoke about. Carry everywhere I go, I'm always vigilant, I bought my wife a 380 (but only for home) She doesn't need to carry it, I think my life has gotten back to normal

I also really appreciate you asking and caring about a fellow TFLer...

P.S. Forgot to mention this before but we us a 2year old full blood german shepard named sophia von something another(German word)
she is a wonderful dog all she does is lay by my side and stand up and be alert if she thinks she hears something. then when she confirms she hears something she goes off with one of the meanest sound barks ever.

Last edited by Prophet; January 11, 2007 at 01:31 PM.