The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 9, 2010, 02:11 PM   #26
IllinoisCoyoteHunter

Ken, Saami lowered the max pressure for 357 mag...so your older data was probably before the switch.

~NRA LIFE MEMBER~
~NRA CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR~
Old February 9, 2010, 04:05 PM   #27
Ken - Oh

Quote:
Saami lowered the max pressure for 357 mag...so your older data was probably before the switch.
Thanks, that's interesting, I wonder why they decreased the pressure.
(So that S&W could come out with a 7 shot 686?)

But the current Universal max CUP is 39,300 whereas the ten year old was 41,100. HOWEVER, the current (online) listing shows the listing for Longshot at 43,200 CUP and a couple of other powders (HS-6 and Titegroup) at 41,900 CUP.

Doesn't make any sense to me

Does anyone know where to find the current SAAMI max pressures? I tried google and didn't come up with anything.

Ken
"The more law-abiding people that have guns, the better off we are," Hamilton County [Cincinnati] Prosecutor Joe Deters said. "Because the bad guys always have guns, You look at these school shootings or church shootings, the ones that have been stopped, it was because someone there had a gun."