The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old April 14, 2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Mauser8mm

Stevens Model 320

I saw a Stevens 320 12 Gauge Pump shotgun at my LGS today for $225 brand new. Standard stock, (no pistol grip) Bead sight, no ventilated rib, just a plain barrel. Just a simple pump action shotgun that I was looking at for skeet and trap/home defense. What I found interesting was how long the fore end was.

Anyway onto my questions...

Is it worth it? Reliable? Fun to shoot?

Is it customizable? Are there any aftermarket parts for it?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

It's better to be silent and called a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
Old April 14, 2013, 05:37 PM   #2
Virginian

Is it worth it? Reliable? Fun to shoot?
Only you can decide if it's worth it to you. Hasn't been around long enough to say on reliability.

Is it customizable? Are there any aftermarket parts for it?
Not really. If you want to be able to do anything, get a Mossberg or a Remington. They may have a bolt on kitchen sink for them by now.
Old April 14, 2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Mauser8mm

Thanks

I wasn't really planning on customizing it, I was just seeing if anything could be done to it. It is very nice looking and feels good in my hands, and the short barrel and mod choke (I believe) should be excellent for both skeet and trap, and home defense!!

Old April 16, 2013, 03:17 AM   #4
Skarekrow88

I've owned 3. First one I picked up worked fine, sold it to my boss. Saw another with ghost ring sights and a heat shield and pistol grip that I thought would be good to have in the truck while working security. It ended up having a jamming problem. Savage honored the warranty and sent me a brand new one. Works great. Not very customizable as of right now though. I've checked with several companies to find out if their accessories and parts will work with it since its a Winchester 1200/1300 clone, specifically a mag tube extension. All have said that they dont think so or that they for sure dont work.
Old April 16, 2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Mauser8mm

H&R Parnder Pump

I actually called Gander Mountain yesterday and they have H&R Pardner Pumps for only $199! It accepts all Remington 870 parts except for barrels. I would definitely rather have that!

Old April 17, 2013, 06:28 PM   #6
TB9

+1 on the pardner pump lots of great reviews on them . i picked one up 4 yrs. ago and its been great reliable . heavy but so is the 870 that its a clone of. i recomend them to all my friends that ask. HTH

Tags
12 gauge , pump action , shotgun , stevens