The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 21, 2013, 07:53 AM   #1
vffdoug

Midway shipping order or not?

I have never ordered from Midway. So I placed my first order a while ago and of course it was back ordered. Well they sent me an email the other day it was in stock. So I processed my order and they sent me and email with a UPS tracking number on 4/17 well today is 4/21 and UPS still doesn't have the product and have it on it's way to me.

I wonder if they over sold and my item won't be on it's way to me????
Old April 21, 2013, 08:03 AM   #2
led0321

Re: Midway shipping order or not?

No....I bet you get it tomorrow
Old April 21, 2013, 08:06 AM   #3
ricklaut

If you've got a tracking number, you'll get it. With the craze, I've seen times where the UPS label is created, but the shipment doesn't leave the dock for several days due to their volume.
Old April 21, 2013, 08:13 AM   #4
Hoosier_Daddy

You will get it shortly. A UPS tracking number assigned is an almost certainty your stuff is boxed and weighed and awaiting pickup by UPS.
Old April 21, 2013, 09:16 AM   #5
g.willikers

Their horse is tired.
Don't sweat it.
As soon as it gets some oats, it'll be on the way.
Just make sure when UPS says it's been delivered, that it's been delivered to you.
Old April 21, 2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Closing The Gap

I ordered items from Midway a couple weeks ago. One of the items was from a previous back order notification. I too received a ups tracking email from them. Also was unable to verify it on UPS website. Then suddenly a few days later, while doing some running around, I received an email stating my items had shipped. When I arrived home that same afternoon the packages were on my porch...
Old April 21, 2013, 09:52 AM   #7
vffdoug

I sure hope it is really on it's way and I get early this week.
Old April 21, 2013, 08:08 PM   #8
GeauxTide

Have ordered a ton of stuff over the years from Midway. They're first class.
Old April 21, 2013, 09:31 PM   #9
JWT

Agree, Midway is first rate as vendor. Have purchased many things from them and always been very satisfied.
Old April 22, 2013, 01:51 AM   #10
Northrider

I have ordered from Midway many times and they have always come through. UPS, now that is another issue-------sometimes they come on time, and sometimes the package sits in Kentucky for several days. Even after I have had shipments come to my new house via UPS, they still will sometimes deliver to the old house (12miles away) and it is a huge hassle to get them to redeliver to the correct house.
I have even had UPS say they don't ship to Alaska! Enough of my rants about UPS.
Midway is a great company and I have no complaints with them. Your order will probably show up tomorrow.
Old April 22, 2013, 02:08 AM   #11
BigTex308

Re: Midway shipping order or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTide View Post
Have ordered a ton of stuff over the years from Midway. They're first class.
They're better than first class! Midway is an outstanding company. If they said it shipped, then you'll get it for sure. I'd bet cash money on it!

Ike
Old April 22, 2013, 06:03 AM   #12
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Midway is pretty good at keeping their word. I do not rely on Tracking numbers. So many times the item I bought was not even listed as being sent when I check on it earlier in the day. Then I got the item I bought later in the same day delivered to the door or mail box. (ABSOLUTELY no day to day routing seen> Go figure?)

If you got a e/mail receipt after your ordering. >Its coming.

S/S
Old April 22, 2013, 06:12 AM   #13
hooligan1

Ole Potterfield will get that stuff to you, you'll see... Have to be patient in these days, I'm waiting for Hogdon to call me and say Hey hooligan, we have made you more powder to shoot up!!!
Old April 23, 2013, 09:14 AM   #14
Bigdog57

A lot of UPS shipments are being delivered by The US Snail (USPS) these days. My last MidwayUSA order was. Took a little longer than prior times, but that's the way things are now. It'll come.
My Midway orders used to come in three days. Now ten days is the new normal.
Old April 23, 2013, 02:44 PM   #15
praetorian97

Even if this is a mishap. MidwayUsa is a pretty solid company. I would trust them down the road.

Im not a fan of their shipping costs but then again Amazon Prime has spoiled me.
Old April 23, 2013, 02:56 PM   #16
nmbrinkman

Midway shipping order or not?

The snail mail is actually UPS moving the post office's packages for them. UPS delivers it to the post office so they can make the final delivery (Sure Post). FedEx does the same deal (Smart Post). It's The big companies making a bit of money from the post office and the post office saving money since it'd cost more to ship it the whole way by themselves. And it's usually cheaper than all of the other shipping options for the customer but also takes an extra day usually for delivery since instead of your local driver delivering it to your front door, he delivers the package to your post office and they deliver it the next day. Unless of course you have a UPS package being delivered too on the same day then UPS will deliver both to your house since they're going there anyway.

I've never, not once, had a package shipped through either UPS or FedEx go through and get delivered without one update in the process. Your package is scanned in and out of at least 3 buildings in the ground shipping process. It might miss one scan but not all 8 (3 ins, 3 outs plus the picked up scan and delivered scan). Now with USPS, that's a different story. It accepts your usps tracking number but gives you no information until its delivered. Must be a USPS UPS acronym mix up.

Signed UPS driver.

Last edited by nmbrinkman; April 23, 2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old April 24, 2013, 04:47 PM   #17
browninghunter86

interesting. I have spent many thousand $$$ on midway and from the day I place my order, on the 4th day I always get my package. No matter what shipping method I chose. I have had some UPS, some sure post, etc...

OP did it come?
Old April 25, 2013, 08:52 PM   #18
reynolds357

Three or four days is their average delivery time to me.
Old April 25, 2013, 09:02 PM   #19
geetarman

Great company. I have ordered from them a lot.

Carpe Cerveza
Old April 25, 2013, 09:03 PM   #20
velocette

Midway is first class. Customer service is excellent. They are dependent upon the delivery services as are all "mail order" businesses.
It's been over 30 years I've been buying from them and I've NEVER been
dissatisfied with their products or service. (And I hope my wife NEVER finds out how much money I've spent with them over the years.)
Their prices may not always be the very best for the same product, but they do not present themselves as a low cost leader, just as a high quality vendor.

Roger
Old April 26, 2013, 09:25 AM   #21
floydster

Midway really must be busy, my order was ready to ship last Tues., still no info from them.
Old April 26, 2013, 08:52 PM   #22
reynolds357

I ordered something 2 days ago. Got it today. Call them.