The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old May 25, 2002, 08:23 AM   #1
DennisE

RCBS Ammo Master Auto Press Kit

I've never reloaded! Thinking about getting started soon to reload .44 Magnum for my Marlin 1894 and my Ruger SBH. I can't afford a Dillon 550B total price by the time you kick in all the goodies that are required. Thinking seriously about getting a RCBS Ammo Master Auto Press Kit for $249.99 with some accessories to get started. Seems like RCBS has about everything a person would need and a pretty decent reputation. Anyone use one of these? Thought, observations and opinions welcome. Thanks, Dennis
Old May 25, 2002, 11:06 AM   #2
Steve Smith

There is nothing "wrong" with the RCBS kit, but if you shoot a lot, you'll quickly outrun that single stage.

Two options are better:

#1 Get the Lyman T-Mag II Master Reloading Kit. It will have a turret press with is much faster and also more convenient for the user.

#2 Get a Dillon AT 500. Its a turret press and will save you some bucks to get started, but is upgradeable to a RL 550b.

Steve Smith
NRA Life Member