The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old October 12, 2014, 02:33 PM   #1
richarddharrison

CWP Denial Problem

Three years ago I sued a North Carolina sheriff because he denied a handgun purchase permit. There was a disposition needed which I found proving the felony charge was dismissed before I was formally charged and a judge found "withhold adjudication" and not guilty in Miami. I sued the NC sheriff and it got to the NC AG and he overturned it and the sheriff there had to give me the gun permit. It took three years but I now have the certified disposition proving it was dismissed 45 years ago which is what the local South Carolina sheriff requested. But with the certified disposition in his hand, he is still denying a CWP permit saying it needs to be expunged, which will take more money and time. I feel like my 2nd amendment right to self defense is being denied illegally. Please help with sound advice. Semper Fi
Old October 12, 2014, 03:17 PM   #2
Tom Servo
Staff

The best advice we can give is to get an attorney involved. While there are several attorneys on this forum, they are not conversant with the details of your case.
Closed Thread