The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old September 26, 2012, 01:55 PM   #1
sirdiealot

gallery of guns

had anyone bought any guns from these folks. im looking at a mossberg 715 tactical 22caliber and its a good price and can pick up from a nearby towns lgs for under 250.00 was just wondering if its legit
Old September 26, 2012, 03:39 PM   #2
sirdiealot

just did a search...should have done that before i posted. sorry for the time waste on this thread
Old September 26, 2012, 03:43 PM   #3
jmortimer

I have purchased three guns through Davidson's Gallery of Guns. I like their "Gun Genie." They have a few exclusive models. Get a free lifetime warranty, not sure what it is or how you use it, but I will continue to use their "Gun Genie." Simple, make a small down-payment and then 2 or 3 days later, the guns shows up at the LGS you picked.
Old September 26, 2012, 04:46 PM   #4
Stressfire

I have gotten a couple from a dealer supplied by them - I have yet to be disappointed
Old September 26, 2012, 08:52 PM   #5
sirdiealot

ok so no reason not to order from them and then pick up at lgs. nearest lgs being about 16miles away lol. live in the middle of kansas out in country
Old September 26, 2012, 08:56 PM   #6
jmortimer

When I use Gun Genie I get eight quotes from a radius of about 50 miles. The vary by about $30.00 or so.
Old September 26, 2012, 09:20 PM   #7
sirdiealot

yeah from what i have seen the little gun store closest to me is about the 3rd cheapest usually bout 20$ more then the cheapest but the cheapest is about 45miles away and anyway would rather give the money to the small town gun store then head to the city and give it to them....if i dont use the small town store when they are close on price then i would have no one to be mad at but myself if they go out of business when i need shells or whatever and dont want to drive 50 miles for them
Old September 26, 2012, 09:26 PM   #8
jmortimer

I factor in the gas and go to the closest store. Plus I like it best.
Old September 26, 2012, 10:47 PM   #9
sirdiealot

well i pulled the trigger and ordered the gun....now just wait for there call fill out the paperwork and if as it usually goes wait the 3days then go pick it up....not sure why i always have to wait but oh well...272.00 for this gun aint to bad i dont think and my boy is gonna love it. its gonna be his first 22. ive let him shoot my stevens 87a but the length of trigger pull is just to long for him..we are gonna have a blast this yr out hunting rabbits and squirrel cant wait
Old September 27, 2012, 01:44 PM   #10
Stressfire

You always have to wait the 3 days for transfer?

Is this due to state law or are you consistently delayed by NICS? I would find it very strange if I was delayed every time.

Congrats on the new gun, by the way - pics or it didn't happen
Old September 27, 2012, 01:48 PM   #11
jmortimer

No, any delay, aside from waiting periods like we have here in California, is for shipping. I believe it takes the LGS 2 or 3 days to get the gun from the distributor, which is Davidson's.
Old September 27, 2012, 02:25 PM   #12
sirdiealot

i am delayed consistently by nics.. hadnt bought a gun for a few yrs and last week i was about 100 or so miles from home taking the wife to a friends and was out screwing around while wife was visiting. at the gun shop made a impulse purchase on a rossi 3 in 1. 20g 22lr 243 did paperwork and the lady said delayed. **** forgot they always make me wait. told lady if they hadnt called by 5 to forget sale, she didnt have prob and understood. called her up today just to find out if they had ever come back with response she said no but if i still wanted she could sell now as it was after 3days. only reason i can think of is that i work in nuke plants sometimes in my role as pipefitter and i have to get a security check everytime i do that.
Old September 28, 2012, 09:56 AM   #13
Stressfire

Quote:
only reason i can think of is that i work in nuke plants sometimes in my role as pipefitter and i have to get a security check everytime i do that.
Oh, yeah, sometimes if you have any kind of security clearance things can get gummed up. Dunno if it wold be worth the effort, but would getting a unique ID # help at all?

I got delayed for my first 2 pistol buys, but then never again since.
Old September 28, 2012, 04:56 PM   #14
sirdiealot

well low and behold my gun came in today. and ill be damned if they didnt do the paper work and said ok heres your gun....first time in 8yrs. when my boy got home from school his eyes lit up....its his birthday present. heres a pic if it comes out right
Attached Images
File Type: jpg robbys gun.jpg (230.1 KB, 19 views)
Old September 28, 2012, 05:01 PM   #15
jmortimer

Two days by my count. Not bad.
Old September 28, 2012, 05:19 PM   #16
sirdiealot

actually bout a day and half....ordered it wednesday night and got a email today about 2 that it was in...hr drive to gun store 20 min paper time and out the door...cant say enough about gallery of guns....wont be worried at all about ordering again and lifetime warrenty to boot.
Old September 29, 2012, 08:33 AM   #17
PT-92

I've made several that were quoting the best price at that time. So the transactions were flawless and absent an FFL fee. However, 90% of the time I have found they are quite over priced IMO. If you get a good buy there go for it!
Old September 29, 2012, 09:11 PM   #18
sirdiealot

well took the mossberg out this morning with my 6yr old. its his bday present coming up thursday but im leaving town for a few weeks for work so gave it early so we could shoot it. did a minor cleaning last night before shooting. we put about 75rds through it but near the end it was fte several times so gonna have to do a better cleaning other then that it was a fun little gun to shoot. had a hell of a time getting it zeroed in at about 15yds. also got my parts in for my stevens 87a put then in before we went out. man that 87a is a great gun to shoot and dead on nuts accurate. anyway watching my boy shoot that gun made my year. the smile on his face was priceless. little barrel heavy for him but brought along a gun rest, also known as a folding sawhorse lol
Old September 29, 2012, 10:31 PM   #19
PT-92

That's absolutely priceless to see Dad passing along the tradition of our great sport to his youngster! And later on as the little guy grows older (don't blink as they say or you'll miss it ) I am sure you'll explain the importance of the Founding Fathers creation of the Second Amendment and its historical/contemporary importance.

Sounds like a wonderful weekend indeed.

-Cheers
Old September 29, 2012, 10:42 PM   #20
sirdiealot

dont i know it about the blinking. hes the youngest of four my oldest is 21 and it took the 4th child to get a boy. tried to get the girls interested but never could...made every one of them learn about guns so they knew enough to handle them if needed but could never get them interested in shooting
Old September 29, 2012, 10:54 PM   #21
PT-92

I know what you mean with the girls in particular. The firearms bug seems to be 'biting' more and more females than ever, but I still find it to be hit and miss. You Tube would have you believe that all the females are shooting, but at least both personally and at the ranges I visit, it's still not the case (but we're making progress for sure!).

-Cheers