The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old September 9, 2007, 12:35 PM   #101
gak1

Quote:
Geologist-How about leaving an open bag of chips that have been seasoned with something "special" like a powdered laxative?
Haha, "Chocolates for the wedding" sign, plate full of Ex-lax.

Quote:
Whats my liability if i took a baseball bat to thier kneecaps? That i would love to do. How much does a person have to take? Its hard enough paying the bills
The criminal has all the rights. Up here if you do anything except take it and pay for all the damage out-of-pocket, all you'll get is jailtime or the insurance company cancels your policy for being high-risk.

One of my friends can't insure his house anymore because three drunks have rammed onto his property in the past 15 years. "You're not supposed to file claims, you're just supposed to pay us premiums and F-off." was basically what the insurance company told him.

Cameras and lights are all you can do up here. Plus the one day you don't keep watch is the day/night they'll strike, Murphy's Law.
Old September 9, 2007, 09:14 PM   #102
drinks

9MM, I recommend you join the "TexasCHLForum".
It would take only a few minutes to find the SPECIFIC Texas law references that authorize you to shoot to stop, not kill, but to use deadly force in many cases, including "Criminal Mischief " after dark.
It does not even have to be a felony, just a misdemeanor is plenty of justification.
To those who do not believe in shooting "Pore Kids", I can only say, do not move to Texas with your juvenile delinquents, they may well be shot on being caught and the parents cannot file a civil suit as the law specifically forbids it.
We also have no duty to retreat from any place we are lawfully in before using deadly force to stop an attack.
Hooray for Texas and Florida, places where the criminal does not rate better treatment than the victim.
Old September 15, 2007, 02:48 PM   #103
Daniel BOON

go to the animal shelter

and get a big rottweiler or other type of natural guard dog and let him spend the nite in the truck. or maybe I could send my post menopausal wife over to sleep in your truck; personally, I'd rather be attacked by a rottweiler.
Old September 15, 2007, 05:02 PM   #104
Black Adder LXX

I'm with the Dog and the call the Child Protection Services group, as the "parent" obviously does not have things in hand.
Old September 15, 2007, 06:23 PM   #105
BillCA

Quote:
Or shoot them with a paintball gun loaded with those pepper ball rounds...
Paintballs work better if you freeze 'em first.

+1 on talking to other neighbors. Start with the one who chased the kid off. See if he's heard anything from other neighbors. Take a spiral notebook with you to jot down any other incidents people know these kids have done and who suspects 'em of doing what. Compile that into a log or list for authorities if necessary.

+1 on a simple camera system. Even an inexpensive webcam in a strategic window, connected to your computer might work.

I like the idea of the powdered dye, especially if you can get it on their shoes and hands. If you do manage to catch the little cretins in your garage or skulking about your back yard, make them leave their ID or school ID (if any) then tell them to scat. You can use this to show the PD they were there and then go talk to the parent(s).
Old September 15, 2007, 10:42 PM   #106
drinks

BB, I must disagree, furty furs furevr, the .45 is a johnny-come -lately!
Old September 16, 2007, 05:47 PM   #107
HankB

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinks
It would take only a few minutes to find the SPECIFIC Texas law references that authorize you to shoot to stop, not kill, but to use deadly force in many cases, including "Criminal Mischief " after dark.
It does not even have to be a felony, just a misdemeanor is plenty of justification.
Please refer to post #79 of this thread.

Also note the useful information here: http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/ftp/forms/ls-16.pdf
Old September 16, 2007, 05:58 PM   #108
MyXD40

I wish I could post my ideas..but mine are a bit extream in some ways..

best of luck to ya. I've always had fun with these kinds of situations. Yeah property loss and broken property like a window really gets under your skin, but the best way I found to handle it is, well make the best of it. They have fun jacking up your stuff....