The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 12, 2014, 06:24 PM   #26
Stevie-Ray

Quote:
I just have to ask - what does this mean???
Like many, he smokes, but not in the house? And won't go outside unarmed is my guess.

OP, too bad you don't live closer. I have a like new HKUSPC I'd consider selling, that is if you could see your way clear to consider .45 ACP.

Edit: I see you're going .45 ACP as well.
Old September 12, 2014, 10:24 PM   #27
IMightBeWrong

What I would personally choose with an $850 dollar budget is an HK VP9 and I'd use the savings for a Garrett Industries IWB Silent Thunder Holster and a nice new Ares Gear Ranger Belt.

Which is also something I just did!

If I wanted something a bit more pricey, I'd look at the HK45, the SIG P226/P227 (pick your caliber), and the Sphinx SDP.
Old September 14, 2014, 09:01 PM   #28
TfflHndn

I can heartily recommend the SIG 229. If you get the .40 or .357SIG you can put the other barrel in it, or a 9mm barrel and spring and you have 2 or 3 guns in one. If you are looking for a .40 though, it's hard to beat the Walther PPQ. It's less money, but shoots great and is lighter for CCW use.