The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old February 28, 2013, 07:54 PM   #1
RocknTot

Best way to search for a Stevens 66B Bolt?

I've been trolling Gunbroker and other forums looking for an old Bolt for a 66B Stevens .22.

Ive looked at some of the major parts dealers, but I think a used one is more in my price range. (Family Heirloom)

Also, can the barrel AND bolt be shipped without FFL costs etc? I might just try to find a full rifle and part it out if I have to.

thanks
Old March 6, 2013, 10:34 AM   #2
nanewt02

Have you tried numrich , I've even found gun parts on eBay before. The barrel and bolt can be shipped without the ffl crap, but the reciever itself cannot be, do you have the existing bolt and if so have you considered fixing it?
Old March 6, 2013, 11:38 AM   #3
RocknTot

No, the bolt was taken out for safety reasons (shell was jammed in breech) or? Anyway, it may be around, but yea, I'm on ebay watch list, numrich -they are out of bolts. I have an offer for $100 and trade for a '66'.But you still have to do FFL. Kinda moots the point, I can get a $150 66B 'anytime'.

Well, Ive only been looking a couple weeks. One may turn up on ebay in a year. man they used to go for under $100 a few years ago.
Old March 6, 2013, 12:21 PM   #4
nanewt02

I know a place where you can get bolt parts, just not the whole assembly, for cheap, if be hunting down that bolt if I was you
Old March 6, 2013, 06:26 PM   #5
RocknTot

Ok, PM me please. I don't have a schematic though. I don't know enough about them to puts em together, but I have heard of a blueprint place gun nuts use to find parts.
Old March 6, 2013, 07:27 PM   #6
nanewt02

PM sent