The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 4, 2011, 07:49 PM   #26
10mm4ever

Of those listed, the Beretta is the exception when it comes to ejection angle. Meaning that it tends to eject at a more upward angle and is less likely to distract you by flinging brass across your line of sight. More like 1 o'clock as opposed to 3o'clock. For some this is an issue and for anothers an annoyance.
I cant comment on the P7, though it's on my short list.
Old September 4, 2011, 10:12 PM   #27
banditgriot

In my personal experience it's been the HK P7. I have practiced weak hand firing with everything I've owned and the manual of arms of the P7 lent itself to use with either hand being dominant.
Old September 5, 2011, 01:52 AM   #28
ClydeFrog

The best post ever!....

As for the "best" ambi type semi auto, a few major factors are at play; budget/cost, skill level, use(s) etc.
For general carry target or defense(home vehicle office), I'd look into these models; the EZ9 9x19mm, the "ambi" PX4 compact, the Walther P88 9mm, the FN FNX line, the HK P2000/P2000sk, the HK45 SOCOM issue compact .45acp, the Smith and Wesson M&Ps in 9mm/.40/.357sig/.45acp .
The Ruger SR9c compact in 9mm(the new .40S&W may also be ready for purchase) or a older DA only P95, P94 alloy frame pistol.

I'm left handed & always advise DA only hammer fired semi auto sidearms for concealed/duty use. Ambi controls are a big +.
Old September 5, 2011, 04:06 PM   #29
catnphx

Quote:
The S&W M&P deserves a nod.
Agreed ... my lefty daughter enjoys her M&P 9c that I bought for her last Christmas. During my search, it was considered one of the top ambi options. Good luck!!
Kahr CW9 (w/ Kholster Crescent IWB)