The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old September 13, 2009, 09:25 PM   #1
NRALIFER

Kassnar 20ga. ejection problem

Hi I'm new here and this is my first post anywhere; I have a Kassnar 20ga. single that I picked up used and the shells seem to expand and just plain stick in the chamber. I have tried cleaning it up to loosen it but no good. So far all I have tried to shoot in it is high brass shells could that be the problem.
Old September 13, 2009, 09:56 PM   #2
COYOTE JLR

I have a friend who has a similar problem. I remember shooting with him and if I recall correctly it was Estate ammo that wouldn't eject for some reason, but when he switched over to Winchester ammo it worked fine.... Or maybe it was the other way around. I would suggest trying a couple different brands of ammo and see if that might be the problem. Good luck
Old September 14, 2009, 06:47 AM   #3
NRALIFER

Kassnar 20ga. won't eject

Thanks, I have tried both of those and the latest was the Estate. I have honed the chamber and tested with expended shells and it worked great then when actually firing it stuck real bad