The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old October 14, 2004, 05:33 PM   #1
PsychoSword

Does this not make you sick to your stomach...

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/miv...egory_Code=M31

CUT TO B.A.T.F. SPECIFICATIONS

Old October 14, 2004, 06:36 PM   #2
User Name

Sounds like a fine instrument...what a waste!
"Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins. This was actually done by Great Britain at the commencement of the late revolution."
Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts - 1789

GUN CONTROL....IT'S NOT A NEW IDEA......JUST A BAD ONE!
Old October 15, 2004, 12:33 AM   #3
CQBArms

No it's a "good thing"

Not at all...how is one to get parts? As well none of those that are cut are transferable anyway...so it's not like the average joe can buy one.

I'm glad people are importing parts kits, reimporting lend/lease kits etc.
It's the only way people can keep their transferables running.
What kills me is when someone chops of a post sample of a gun that's hard to get...that kills me....
Old October 16, 2004, 11:17 AM   #4
CzarShel

I'd hate to have to be the guy that sits around and cuts up all those nice peices of history all day, I dont think I could sit in front of a small mountain of oh say WW2 MG-42's and weld away all day.
Old October 16, 2004, 12:56 PM   #5
Solidsheep

I can't see this !!!!
Old October 16, 2004, 02:01 PM   #6
4V50 Gary
Staff

Don't click on the link. Your eyes will tear up.
Old October 17, 2004, 04:06 AM   #7
Brick

Ass

Quote:
I'd hate to have to be the guy that sits around and cuts up all those nice peices of history all day, I dont think I could sit in front of a small mountain of oh say WW2 MG-42's and weld away all day.
seriously. now what is the gun worth? tsk, nothing.

Edit: To the n00b who did that, if I catch him, I will force him to repeal ALL firearms acts in the USA, and make him carry a sign like this:
And when he becomes I will him.
Old October 17, 2004, 08:54 PM   #8
CQBArms

Exactly what do you think a non transferable machine gun is worth in the US?

None of the guns you see cut up are legal for sale in the US. If they are for sale someplace else...then they are being sold there and these are really not impacting anyone being cut up.

If these guns were not cut up and resold as parts kits, they would sit in a heap outside someplace until such time as they were dust.

At least as a parts kit they can be used to breathe life into an exisiting transferable machine gun in need of parts.

What's that kit worth? With the mag about $50.
Old October 23, 2004, 04:16 AM   #9
Hal

CQBArms ,
You're missing the finer point.

The founding fathers wrote the 2nd amendment and added the words "shall not be infringed", to insure that the .gov would never have an arms advantage over it citizens.

The incredible arrogance of those bastards (B.A.T.F.E) and their specifications is the point, not the actual parts value of the gun.

A fitting backdrop for that picture, with it's cut to pieces gun would be a [color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color][color=#FF0000]█[/color] stained copy of the Bill of Rights, showing how .gov wipes it's a$$ with our "rights".
Old October 24, 2004, 04:16 PM   #10
PsychoSword

The thing that makes me most sad is the destruction of these historical artifacts that cannot be replaced. That was the whole point of my post. Also the huge waste in money it is to just destroy things like this that governments pay millions of dollars for with your tax money.
Old October 24, 2004, 07:57 PM   #11
CQBArms

I'm not missing the point. Those guns are cut in another country and shipped here. They don't have to cut them and sell them in the US if they wanted to preserve the "historical" value of a POS gun.

That other country does not have the 2nd amendment...so when you talk about the 2nd amendment, the country doing the cutting has to have one in order for it to be relevent.

The guns that are protected under the 2nd get more life by having parts availible.
Old November 6, 2004, 08:34 PM   #12
Byron Quick
Staff In Memoriam

Quote:
That other country does not have the 2nd amendment...so when you talk about the 2nd amendment, the country doing the cutting has to have one in order for it to be relevent.
Well, seeing as how the Constitution and the Bill of Rights does not grant rights but only enumerates the rights of humantity...an argument could be made that the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right of all humans everywhere.

Personally, I don't receive my right to arms from the Second Amendment. My right to arms is derived from my right to life. An inalienable right. Since I have a right to life; it logically follows that I have a right to defend that right. Since I have a right of self defense then it logically follows that I have the right to own the tools to effectively use that right, i.e. weapons.

Care to dispute this? Now I will stipulate that many other governments have the power to suppress this right. And that they have done so. However, the concept that individuals in other countries do not possess this right...BS. The right to bear arms is the right to be free. All humans possess this right.
Old December 29, 2004, 03:06 AM   #13
NFACurious

Real problem is, the person doing the cutting is probably just happy hes making some money and has no consideration to what hes doing.
Old January 12, 2005, 01:18 PM   #14
Lonestar.45

Well, what's the alternative, sending barge loads of weapons off shore and sinking them into the Atlantic? That's what would probably happen if they weren't cut up and sold here for parts. That's the fate of many many tons of weapons after they are captured or rendered "obsolete" by new technology.
Old February 14, 2005, 03:21 AM   #15
Lowjack

I've always been under the impression that alot of kits like that one sold for parts are most intreging to the criminal element in which case a new reciever and the balls to actually take it anywhere to shoot it are their problem and if they find it worth the price of getting popped......****'em!
50$ + ?? us bucks aint much for a meth dealer looking to extend his stay with bubba for possession of an unregistered MG as well as possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute.
I think it's funny that some people wont/dont see the beauty in applying for and paying the $200 tax to the BATF and doing it legit.