The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old September 5, 2011, 08:47 AM   #1
albion

County corruption caught on tape

I bought a piece of property in Pushmataha County Oklahoma back in 2002 for a place to ultimately retire. Life was good for about 8 years, we cleared a bunch of land, built a barn with a cabin in it and started construction of a new house.
Then a large rancher bought the land next to me and life has been hell since. We have been illegally locked off our land, and in a span of a few weeks had our dog poisoned our power line shot off the pole, vandalism and a attempted armed break in caught on video.

The rancher is friends with the Sheriff and seems to be well connected. The local DA's acknowledge that I have legal access but will do nothing to help. The rancher has now overtaken our County road and narrowed it down to 20' so 2 cars cannot get past each other. The links below explain this better than I can, as they are taped phone conversations between me and various local legal figures.

I saw early on how corrupt the local government was, checked the law, and started taping my conversations for evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cWf41Ce-hg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zi_M...eature=related

There are many more videos on this link to illustrate the situation. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time Albion

Old September 5, 2011, 09:35 AM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albion
Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.
Friend, this ain't the Wild West. Get a lawyer. What else would you do? If the county is corrupt, you take it to the state.
Old September 5, 2011, 09:39 AM   #3
teeroux

Go the civil court route.

I say lawyer up and start issuing suits. Slap a million on the sheriff and a mill on the rancher. You could also develope a condition with your health I mean you are about to reatire right so I assume your up in age. Another suit against both of them another mill a piece.

You can also get protective orders against the rancher a judge will sign off with very little cause (a civil suit will do)so if he tries to stop you at dismanteling those post you can have him arrested. If the sheriff wont arrest another suit. Also most places allow you to charge a person storage for property left on private land. Neatly dismantle and stack every thing he has blocking your property and put a chain on it. Then send him a bill say $100.00 a day storage and give deadling of 30 days to pay. When he doesn't pay another suit.

You may get a little settlement out the sherrif just so he will avoid court and bad publicity but most of it will not hold up but that is not the point.
The point is to become more of a pain in there rear end than they have you. If you are in the right like you say you are you will come out on top.
Old September 5, 2011, 10:14 AM   #4
dogtown tom

What does this have to do with guns?

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old September 5, 2011, 10:18 AM   #5
Skadoosh

Not gun related. As already recommended, get a lawyer.
Old September 5, 2011, 10:20 AM   #6
MLeake

It doesn't (or shouldn't) have anything to do with guns, other than the shot power line.

However, Al Norris has emphatically stated several times (including once in the last couple days) that L&CR is the only forum on TFL that does not necessarily have to be gun related.
Old September 5, 2011, 10:43 AM   #7
albion

I posted here, because if you view the video's I think you will find that the law is not being enforced, and many civil rights are being violated. I was just trying to raise awareness of some of the things going on in our Country that I believe many would feel are not right, and have happened, or could happen to someone else. I did not intend to offend anyone by not posting about guns.
Old September 5, 2011, 10:57 AM   #8
BrittB

Lawyer up, anything else will put you on the wrong side and you will never succeed at that point.
Old September 5, 2011, 11:14 AM   #9
albion

I "lawyered up" over a year and a half ago, We got a very questionable decision from a local Judge. When we appealed the decision, thats when the dog got poisoned, the power line got shot, and we got the surveillance video of the attempted armed break in and vandalism. It appears they didn't like me taking the case out of the County.We are currently waiting on the appeal out of the Tulsa supreme court.

The survey posted above was provided by there surveyor as evidence in court. It shows only the gravel surface of the road and not the 33' right of way listed in the ODOT county inventory and presented as evidence in court by us and testified by the County Commissioner.

Last edited by albion; September 5, 2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old September 5, 2011, 11:27 AM   #10
Patriot86

Just keep fighting, maybe ever go to a non local media outlet sometimes they can be helpful.
Old September 5, 2011, 11:33 AM   #11
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Always hire your own experts. Bringing in a surveyor from another county to survey your property and show the property lines and easements, as required for a survey, shouldn't cost that much.

And DAs (assuming you mean "District Attorney") don't deal in civil cases. You need your own lawyer.
Old September 5, 2011, 11:38 AM   #12
MLeake

AB, the land borders may be a civil case.

Poisoning a dog, vandalizing utility property (the power line), and vandalizing the plaintiff's buildings are actually very good grounds for DA involvement. Those are criminal actions.
Old September 5, 2011, 11:42 AM   #13
albion

They also cut the main phone line to everyones homes when they set the posts. The phone company filed a complaint with the Sheriff also.
Old September 5, 2011, 11:53 AM   #14
Eghad

Sounds like a case made for civil court.

NRA Life Member
Old September 5, 2011, 11:56 AM   #15
MLeake

Eghad, sounds to me like a case for both civil and criminal court.

A criminal conviction would make the civil suit much easier to win.
Old September 5, 2011, 12:02 PM   #16
Glenn E. Meyer

I regret that this is an individual case that falls outside of the mandate of this forum. While it is a legal matter, it isn't of theoretic importance or concentration.

The advice to hire good legal counsel is the best we can give, so closed.
Old September 5, 2011, 12:02 PM   #17
44 AMP
Staff

Well, this is clearly a civil rights (property rights) issue. And getting things fixed legally isn't going to be easy or cheap, especially since it seems you are up against someone with money who thinks that they can do as they please.

Get a lawyer, or two. Follow their advice. If you don't like their advice, get another lawyer or two and see what they say. There are legal avenues you can pursue, but get competent advice (not just internet advice), and follow it.

One word of warning, you may already have seriously damaged your case and credability, by making recordings of your conversations with others. UNLESS you did it in COMPLETE compliance with the law in your area, YOU may be liable for criminal charges for making the recordings!

Get a lawyer and find out! In some places, if ALL parties do not consent to being recorded, you cannot use the recordings in court. In other places, if all parties do not consent, you cannot legally make the recordings! Find out where you stand legally on this, before you go any further! If you are planning to use any recorded material as evidence, it has to be rock solid legal, otherwise you are doing yourself more harm than good!

Also, if you can proove evidence of corruption (with evidence that will stand up in court-see previous paragraph), there are state and federal agencies that can take action. But, before contacting them, make certain you are on solid legal ground.

Good luck, and please keep us informed.

Also, your lawyer should be able to advise you on the benefits/drawbacks of discussing your situation on an open internet forum. Make sure you tell them about that too. Discussing specific of your situation could be against your best interest. Please, be careful, and again, get good legal advice!

As general advice, try and keep as cool as you can. Do not do, or say anything that could be construed as a threat to anyone, about anything. One single comment (something like "I'll get even" or even "you won't get away with this!") can be used to make you look like a dangerous raving lunatic, when things go to court. Expect the other side to use every dirty trick in the book against your image and reputation in court, to make them look like the innocent put upon parties. Don't give them any ammo to use for that. It won't be easy, but you need to do it, otherwise, you could BE in the right, and still found wrong.

Good Luck.