The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 5, 2011, 10:42 PM   #1
Bullcoop

ATF Form1 complete, tax paid, how do I get a barrel?

Once I have everything done to manufacture a SBR how do I order the barrel. I know of one place that sells 9" and 11" barrels. Do I simply provide proof of my tax stamp and they will send it or is there more to it?
Also if one can order a barrel I would like to have some more sites to order from. Any sites that you know of please fill me in.
Thanks BC
Old April 5, 2011, 11:38 PM   #2
partybynight

midway usa has an assortment of lenghts
Old April 6, 2011, 02:56 AM   #3
David Hineline

some places will sell you a barrel if you give them money, some places only do it if you show them the justification you have for the item.
Old April 6, 2011, 02:23 PM   #4
Joat

Depending on what firearm the barrel is for, there are any number of barrels available. With the listing of 9" and 11" for the barrel lengths, I'm going to ASSume that you are talking about an AR.

Barrels available from: DelTon, DPMS, Noveske, Daniel Defense, Rock River, Yankee Hill Machine, White Oak Armory, POF, just to name a few.

Most will sell a barrel without paperwork as there are legal uses for a short barrel as well as the NFA uses.

Joat
Old April 6, 2011, 02:30 PM   #5
rjrivero

Barrels are not controlled. For that matter, complete uppers are not controlled. You are ultimately responsible for making sure you follow NFA rules.

You can buy any short barreled upper at any time. If you have an unregistered lower in your possession, then you might be in violation the NFA. "Constructive possession."

However, just having a short barreled upper is not a violation in and of itself.

Short barrel uppers can be had from ADCO Firearms. They carry Daniels Defense, White Oak, Rock River Arms and their own line of barrels. They also have some short barreled complete uppers as well. www.adcofirearms.com
Old April 6, 2011, 09:18 PM   #6
hknut

Remember that your SBR upper is also called a pistol upper. If you have a lower that is registered as a pistol it is legal to have a SBR/pistol upper.

Walk softly and carry a big SIG.