The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 31, 2014, 10:00 PM   #1
kwhi43

First Time In 6 Months

It's been a long winter. Have not fired a shot in 6 months. Sunday it was 75
degrees here in Kansas City. Went down to the range and set a target up at
25 yds and believe it or not the first shot was one of the "X's". Finished out the
10 shots for a 94 XX. Those two 8's would not have been there two years ago
but Oh well, at least I'm shooting. Haven't really felt too good lately. I don't
guess it's too bad for a old 71 year old fart. I sure felt good tho, just wanted to
share.
Phil

Old April 1, 2014, 12:28 AM   #2
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Quote:
Haven't really felt too good lately. I don't guess it's too bad for a old 71 year old fart
No. I don't think so. If you can shoot B/P like that Phil. There isn't much difference between 25 and 75 but the air between the targets. Frankly Sir: That target shows a good degree of Marksmanship by its shooter.
Being a-ways North of you. I whole heartily agree its been a long cold & snowy winter.
BTW I hope in the near future you feel much better also. As we both know fresh air always helps.
Old April 1, 2014, 01:15 AM   #3
swathdiver

Nice shootin'! I hope that when I'm 51 I can shoot that good!
Old April 1, 2014, 08:18 AM   #4
g.willikers

Nice shootin', old man.
I'm convinced that, with enough years of shootin' under one's belt, it finally becomes a permanent skill.
As long as us old guys don't have to do much bending and running around, or try to beat the clock, that is.
Think about having an airgun at home range.
That will keep you shooting, regardless of the weather or health issues.

Last edited by g.willikers; April 1, 2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old April 2, 2014, 10:56 AM   #5
bedbugbilly

Glad you got some shooting in - looks like you did well! Just consider those two 8's as spring "warm up fouling shots". It had to feel good to get out and finally get to shoot some.

It may just be me . . . .. but as I get older . . . . the targets I set out at 25 yards seem to be getting further away from the shooting line than they used to be! :roll eyes: I'm back in MI now and the snow has just melted except for the drifts and piles from plowing. I'm getting antsy to get out and do some shooting but it's been windy and rather chilly. Spring WILL get here . . someday?
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old April 5, 2014, 09:38 PM   #6
mykeal

Welcome back, Phil. Been limited to shooting .22's indoors this winter. We've kept the parking lots plowed at both ranges but it's just too much for our all volunteer staff to keep the outdoor ranges usable as well. And there's no way we can afford ventilation systems that will handle black powder indoors. Hope to bet back outdoors by the end of April.

Anyway, very nice shooting no matter what the age. Well done.
Old April 6, 2014, 06:42 AM   #7
Doc Hoy

And...

Welcome back Mykeal.