The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old August 13, 2004, 03:32 PM   #1
Coop de Ville

New AO sight?

Saw the new AO site and they show a new shotgun front sight. It's a band that clamps around the barrel. Looks good in that windage can be zeroed using the front sight (long story but none of my long guns have sights that are aligned).

Any drawbacks? I assume it won't shoot loose.

www.expresssights.com

best, Coop
"If chance be the father of all flesh, disaster is his rainbow in the sky. And when you hear a 'state of emergencies, sniper kills ten, troops on rampage, whites go looting, bomb blasts school,' it is but the sound of man , worshipping his maker." - S. Turner
Old August 13, 2004, 05:50 PM   #2
Manchu

I have a set of the XS ghost-rings with banded front sight on one of my 870s. I was originally intending to go with the Wilson's, but the XS sights are just so damn beefy, and bomb-proof that I ended up going with them instead.
I haven't had any issues so far through a couple hundred shells of full-power slugs and buckshot. IMO, they are well worth the cost.
Old August 13, 2004, 08:39 PM   #3
Coop de Ville

Thanks for the replies.

I have not decided whether to go with the AO or scattergun sights.

I hate tough decisions...

Best, -Coop
"If chance be the father of all flesh, disaster is his rainbow in the sky. And when you hear a 'state of emergencies, sniper kills ten, troops on rampage, whites go looting, bomb blasts school,' it is but the sound of man , worshipping his maker." - S. Turner