The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old November 20, 2012, 01:50 AM   #1
jtyson

Added 2 to the stable...maybe

I snatched up a couple guns tonight for a deal that I feel is an extreme steal. Knowing so, I actually picked them up with the intent of trading them up or selling them off.

However I have a severe attraction to robust revolvers. To me, they are much like cheating on my old lady. My .45 is my go to carry gun. With me all day every day. But I get my hands on a shiny revolver (read the fiery hot red head next door), I feel as though I could sell off the .45 and only miss it minimally.

So on to the goods... a Smith & Wesson model 13-1 4" nickel. I know, not a hugely collectible piece, but hell it is still a Smith and is in pretty good condition. The real gem - a Colt King Cobra 4" SS.

Before I post any gun p*rn, I would like to ask you more experienced gentlemen what you think the value on these two guns are? Off hand of course, ballpark range. I know nobody can determine exactly what they are worth. Truth is, I really could use the cash more than a couple more guns, but my buyer's remorse is always a bit flaky when it is about guns...

Old November 20, 2012, 01:56 AM   #2
CWKahrFan

Nice... I'll say about $25,000...
Old November 20, 2012, 01:58 AM   #3
jtyson

Lol sold to the first bidder!
Old November 20, 2012, 02:00 AM   #4
CWKahrFan

OK... Check's in the mail!
Old November 20, 2012, 02:19 AM   #5
jtyson

So are the guns! Shipped in pieces individually via USPS priority flat rate
Old November 20, 2012, 11:18 AM   #6
jtyson

Morning bump. Did some late night research on the guns and turns out, I just confused myself more than anything else. I cannot find very many S&W 13-1 in the nickel finish. They seem to be pretty rare from what I have read. Not as rare as the 3" round butt nickel version, but still harder to come across. The Cobra seems like it commands quite a price on all the auctions I could find. Didn't find any finished auctions though. I would like to see what they actually sell for.
Old November 20, 2012, 11:46 AM   #7
sgms

If it helps for the m-13 S&W nickel is a +20% price premium and the blue square butt revolvers in about 95% are selling $375.00 to $450.00 around here(prices from local gun shops used cases).
Old November 20, 2012, 10:58 PM   #8
Flint Ridge

I'd say the Nickel 13-1's are going $500+++ depending on the goodies with them and it looks like you have a nice one there.

I've got a 13-2 that I snagged, amazing what a little Flitz will do. Shot it a couple weeks ago, I REALLY liked the fixed sights.

Old November 22, 2012, 03:11 AM   #9
Redhawk5.5+P+

It would be nice to know everything, but I didn't know what a model 13 was,

a (".357 K-FRAME BASED OFF A HEAVY BARREL MODEL 10.") for all the other ignorant gun lovers.

Thanks for making me look ignorant and have to do a search on it.

I'll take two. I'd pay close to $500 if I needed them.

Last edited by Redhawk5.5+P+; November 22, 2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old November 23, 2012, 08:44 AM   #10
hAkron

I thought you said you were going to post pictures of the hot redhead next door.

The guns are nice though. Every time I've ever bought something with the intent of selling it, I start to grow fond of it. When I was a kid and would get invited to a birthday party, my mom would take me to the store to pick out a present for the kid. I would always pick out something that I liked, then I would start to get a bit jealous that the toy wasn't to me. Once or twice I faked being sick so that I could stay home from the party and keep the present for myself. This is the same sort of feeling I get when I buy something to sell/trade.