The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old August 21, 2002, 01:55 AM   #1
Camel

Probly a dumb question but...

This question will only demonstrate my lack of knowledge but its been bugging me all night

Is it possible to make a belt fed automatic shotgun?

"There are three reasons to own a gun: to protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals, and to keep the King of England out of your face."
-- Krusty the Clown
Old August 21, 2002, 08:27 AM   #2
ACP230

I am not aware of any that have been made. Belt fed 40mm grenade launchers have been made so you'd think a 12 gauge belt fed would be possible.

Is John Moses Browning in the house?
Old August 21, 2002, 10:53 AM   #3
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Haven't seen a belt-fed FA shotgun but there have been FA shotguns built; both conversions ( FA Remington01187 comes to mind) and purpose-built (Atchisson, USAS 12 etc). Shotgun News in years past had a regular advertiser that sold plans for a belt-fed conversion for some shotugn, don't recall which one.
The book The World's Fighting Shotguns by Thomas Swearengen has a chapter on FA shotguns that is very interesting.