The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 14, 2011, 08:15 AM   #76
Johannes_Paulsen

I would (and did) choose a G36 because this is home defense weapon, and my wife liked the grip, could rack the slide, and enjoyed shooting it when we tested it. One of these days, I expect I'll pick up a G19 because I really enjoy shooting Glocks, too.
Old May 14, 2011, 12:45 PM   #77
madlink

Chambered?

I have a G36 for the home, though I do sometimes carry it. (My main carry gun is a 380 Kel-Tec 'cause it fits so nice in my pocket!) I also have a G17 and a G17L, but don't carry those.

But here is my question for those of you in this thread who do carry Glocks: Do you carry it with a chambered round? Remember Plaxico Burress, though the way he had it in his waistband was idiotic.

Last edited by madlink; May 14, 2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: wrong word
Old May 14, 2011, 12:49 PM   #78
BrittB

Currently, I have a Gen 3 G17 that has had the frame milled, (not cut),to accept a 15 round magazine. It also has a Crimson trace grip and a couple of holsters. It shoots great and feels good in the hand. That being said, I'm more of a revolver fan and want to get a Ruger LCR for a carry gun. It's not the gun, it's just me.

Tags
ccw , duty weapon , glock , home defense , open carry