The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 6, 2014, 08:33 PM   #51
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dal22ses
My original spring from my metro arms American classic amigo does not have a spring that is wound tighter at one end nor does it have a dual spring set up
I understand that. And that's why referring to your pistol as an Officers created confusion.

To reiterate, Wolff DOES have the spring you need:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Blanca
Wolff does not service the dual springs for the Colt Officers ACP. Instead, they sell a single spring with one end wound down to fit the .250" guide rod. Para-Ordnance, on the other hand, never used a dual spring so their P12.45 (the early ones) had a .330" diameter guide rod and Wolff supplies a spring for those that doesn't have the back end wound tighter.
http://www.gunsprings.com/Semi-Auto%...1/mID48/dID193
Old October 6, 2014, 08:54 PM   #52
polyphemus

Not to belabor the point,but once again.
Quote:
Someone mentioned to me that I should get a keyed or supported reverse plug to help with keeping the barrel snug and increase accuracy
Where does a "keyed or supported reverse plug" keep the barrel snug and increase accuracy irrespective of pistol make?