The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old April 8, 2000, 12:32 PM   #1
4V50 Gary
Staff

If in Beijing, the visitor finds himself exploring exotic places like the Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven Park (where the emperors worshipped), or Tien An Mien Square, famous for its parades, party inspired (orchestrated) rallys and of course, a minor civil disturbance which shocked the conscious of the world. You can enjoy culinary delights like Peking duck for less than $12 U.S.

Naturally, there are other sites including the Summer Palace with its famed Marble Boat (built in lieu of modern warships by the Empress Dowager) and the Great Wall. While en-route to the Great Wall, why not stop and shoot at Norinco?

Owned by the heroic Peoples' Liberation Army, Norinco produces arms for the revolutionary, counter-revolutionary, and anybody else with cash. On the factory grounds you'll find a paintball facility as well as a shooting range where you can try anything from a .22 to an anti-tank gun. Ever want to shoot an AK-47 in full auto or a silenced SMG? Tired of magazine fed weapons? Try a belt fed 7.62!

Norinco may be found at Nankou Town, Changping County. They're open from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm. Tel: 69771368-3103.

The Firing Line and its staff is not affiliated with Norinco. The above is offered for informational purposes only.
Old April 8, 2000, 04:11 PM   #2
DOCSpanky

I Have a pre-ban NORINCO 1911A1. The overall weapon is the best I've ever owned, it has over 120,000 rounds through it, it is on its second barrel, soon to be third. Has an extended slide release I put on as well as a Hogue wraparound grip. I had the frame and slide X-rayed and magnafluxed at about 75,000 rounds, (I don't have my log but the exact round is in there), and is on its 4th set of springs. The extractor probably needs replacing and I put a new firing pin in it about a year ago. Fit and finish it is the sloppiest thing I have ever seen. It is ugly as sin. BUT, in 8 years of ownership, I can truthfully count its failures to fire and mine and my son's fingers and toes. Less than 40 FTF's out of that many rounds is truely incredible. 7 came out of a single box of Winchester Winclean ammo. I love this gun, and sleep with it under the bed every night. I use 10 round Chip McCormick mags loaded with 230 gr. Hydra-Shok's. Perfect House gun. Damn shame it has to be made in China. I wonder if Willy could get me a new one from one of his friends????

------------------
I thought I'd seen it all, until a 22WMR spun a bunny 2 1/4 times in the air!

[This message has been edited by DOCSpanky (edited April 08, 2000).]