The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old March 6, 2013, 03:50 PM   #1
sawguy23

S&W 4056 tsw

I have a S&W 4056 TSW and would to get a laser sight but there is no rail to mount it to. I check most of the bigger name distributors to no avail. I called S&W and they told me that all TSW's came with a rail and that mine must have been removed by a previous owner. They also told me that they could put a new on it but I had to send it in and would cost at least $150. I asked if they could sell me a new rail and I would install it myself and they told me that is not possible. And I have seen photos of other 4056 hand guns and none had a rail attached. I Know they make laser sights for the S&W M&P models that are formed around the trigger guard and look like they attach to the finger guard and am thinking that someone should make one for the 4056 TSW. Any help will be appreciated! Thankx Robert
Old March 6, 2013, 04:46 PM   #2
m&p45acp10+1

I would suggest checking out Crimson Trace to see if they make a Laser Grip for it. The M&P laser grips fit on the interchangeable back strap of the grip. The price has kept me from going that route so far.

other than that there are some of the cheapo clamp on the front of the trigger guard models I remember seeing on some a few years ago, though I never asked who they were made by.
Old March 6, 2013, 04:58 PM   #3
MLeake

There are cheapos from various companies.

At a higher quality level, CTC makes a trigger-guard mounted laser, called the LaserGuard, but that's normally for subcompact models like the Kahr PM9. I don't know if CTC makes a LaserGuard for a TSW, but I'd be surprised if they do.
Old March 6, 2013, 10:27 PM   #4
carguychris

Quote:
I would suggest checking out Crimson Trace to see if they make a Laser Grip for it.
No such luck. Crimson Trace only offers a Lasergrip for the 3rd-gen full-size double-stack pistols, and the M4056TSW is a compact. A S&W 3rd-gen wraparound one-piece grip unit retains the mainspring, so the grip unit MUST be the correct length and width or the pistol will not function properly.

As much as I appreciate S&W 3rd-gens, I regrettably cannot offer any suggestions to the OP.
Old March 7, 2013, 10:58 AM   #5
ClydeFrog

Lasermax & CT lasergrips...

The problem is that the S&W 3rd gen are no longer produced & after market parts/service work are smaller & smaller.

You can check these sources; www.lasermax.com www.crimsontrace.com www.natchezss.com www.midwayusa.com .

CF