The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old March 25, 2011, 12:11 AM   #1
Black Horse

Winchester 1200 12ga. VR x 28"

I have a chance to buy this shotgun for a good price. Question: Are there additional barrels available for other uses as are w/870's? Was wanting a barrel for turkey hunting and one for slugs. Advice is a good thing.

Thx.
Old March 28, 2011, 06:56 AM   #2
donkee

I have been doing a bit of looking too. What I have found so far is that they are available, but hard to find and expensive.

Hopefully someone will come along and let us both know of a good cheap place to get them.
Old March 28, 2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Cowboy_mo

I have been looking for barrels for a Franchi and found them too expensive. I also looked for a shorter barrel for my Remington 11-87 and had the same experience (mine has a 30") and I prefer a 28 or 26. Wouldn't have bought that long barrel but the estate auction price was too good to pass up.

My solution came when I found out about Mike Orlen. He drilled and tapped the Franchi barrel for screw in choke tubes for much less than a single new barrel would have cost. As to the 11-87, guess I will just keep shooting that longer barrel.