The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 8, 2006, 05:43 PM   #1
Boardwalk

Need help selecting the proper forum

Can anyone tell me which forum to use to advertise old ammo for sale? I thought maybe 'Gear and Accessories' but didn't see many ammo related topics there. Since there is no forum strictly for Ammunition I need to ask for some assistance. I have a considerable amount of old (40's, 50's, 60's) long and hand gun ammo in original boxes and will sell the entire lot when I put it on the forum. I will provide digital pics and a complete list with the price, but it will not be sold piecemeal.

Regards - -

Boardwalk

Last edited by Boardwalk; August 8, 2006 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Found what I needed - Thanks to First Freedom
Old August 8, 2006, 06:02 PM   #2
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

[scratches head] I dunno for sure, but I'd start with Gears & Accessories" myself.
Old August 8, 2006, 07:48 PM   #3
FirstFreedom

this one

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...splay.php?f=17
Old August 8, 2006, 09:32 PM   #4
Mal H
Staff

FirstFreedom is right. Buy, Sell and Trade: Holsters, Gear and Accessories is the proper forum to sell any ammo.
Old August 8, 2006, 09:48 PM   #5
skeeter1

You can always send a private message to any of the staff members (moderators) here on this site. They're all nice people and will guide you to where you need to post.
Old August 9, 2006, 11:19 AM   #6
Smokey Joe

Calling all collectors...

Ammo that's 40, 50, and 60 years old, IN ORIGINAL BOXES???

You don't want to sell it on a shooters' forum like this, you want to sell it to collectors. All the more so if the original boxes are in very nice condition.

Seems the collector crowd wants old stuff, any old stuff, and they pay a super premium for old stuff in its original packaging, the more so if the packaging is really nice.

You'd think the an-teeky people weren't collecting "stuff," but packaging materials, the way they price up old items with pristine packagaing. (shrug) OK, everybody to their own obsession.

Anyhow, get ye on over to E-Bay and talk with the antique hounds. Someone with more money than sense will take the stuff off your hands for a pretty profit.

--Smokey Joe