The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 28, 2005, 07:16 PM   #1
chris in va

Those 'Beretta 92' airsoft guns at wally world

I have a OWB holster made for the 92/96. Anyone know if those would fit in my holster or is there some goofy plastic tab that makes it not work? I'd like to have one for training in my back yard.

I've seen two, one just spits out the bb's, the other actually has a moving slide.
Old October 29, 2005, 07:12 AM   #2
smince

My 1911 AS fits my 1911 real holsters. Don't know about the Beretta, but it should fit. They are marketed as copies of the original.

My slides moves, but you have to manually work it for each shot. They make more expensive versions that use a "green gas" that function as a true semi-auto.

I've been using one to train my 5 year old son how to shoot. At 5 yds, he can keep them all in the bullseye.
Old October 29, 2005, 07:18 AM   #3
USNavy_233

I had an airsoft Beretta once. They truly are an exact 1:1 scale replica. It'll fit your holster.
Old October 29, 2005, 08:45 AM   #4
savage-one-seven

You may also want to check out the Daisy Powerline Model 617X pellet/bb pistol. I havent compared it side by side to a beretta, but its certainly modeled after one and may be the same dimensions, with the exception of the screw under the grip for locking down the CO2 cartridge. Not too expensive (got mine for $40) and fairly accurate. Found it at KMart.
Old October 29, 2005, 04:15 PM   #5
Dog Confetti

I would never have believed it, but a buddy of mine just picked up one (the battery powered one)...and it's BOSS. Accurate, good trigger, and the batteries last for days and days. It also fit's his kydex. An excellent way to make a mess of your house and express your displeasure with whatever is on the TV...
Old October 30, 2005, 08:28 PM   #6
rallyhound

if you get the see thru one for about $29.00 they are battery operated semi.
Doesn't look as cool as they black ones but way better for shootin.
Old October 31, 2005, 10:44 AM   #7
saands

Just got a clear one at WallyWorld about a week ago and I agree that they are great for introducing a newcomer to safety, trigger discipline, and sight alignment. The $4 gel targets are WAY cool ... if you can keep them on the target there is NO cleanup at all. I bought mine to get my wife started. While the trigger is nice for accuracy, I would prefer that it had a stiffer spring as it must be about a one pound pull (if that) ... so my wife will be surprised when we start the dryfire exercises. I just logged on to see if anyone had come up with any cool training courses to set up in the house for these. I'm thinking that they would make a good training tool.

Saands