The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 21, 2013, 06:09 PM   #1

Reloading set up anout finished

I cut a piece of peg board to mount to the back of my bench. I need some ideas from you guys on what to put on it.

So far i have safety glasses, allen wrench set, primer pocket cleaner, digital caliper. Sound about right? I would love some other ideas.
Old January 21, 2013, 06:15 PM   #2
m&p45acp10+1

If you are using a single stage then a peg for your powder funnel would be good to keep it out of the way. I know that one upgrade I will make when I build a new bench is to have an area for case prep that has a lip to keep anything from rolling off to the floor.
Old January 21, 2013, 07:11 PM   #3
Ozzieman

A nude photo of,,, no better let that one go by. I have a computer monitor hanging off the peg board for watching TV. I only use it when I am prepping brass. It’s off when I load. Since it’s an online PC, I can get loads and other data online while I’m working at the bench. It’s become the most used tool on my bench other than my press. It’s an old beat up PC and not much good for anything else.
Personally I gave up using my peg board for tools and such and got a roll around tool chest. Actually I have two of them. One large for reloading supplies and the other for tools.
The big advantage of a tool box is it keeps dust off and easy to find.
Other than the monitor and 4 foot florescent light I keep all of my good cleaning rods on hooks on the back side of the pegboard. Out of the way and easy to get to.

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.
Old January 21, 2013, 07:13 PM   #4
LE-28

I have a full screwdriver set in the hangie thing made for pegboards, two adjustable wrenches (8"and 10"), my large funnel for dumping powder back into the container, long nose plyers, a small inspection mirror, calipers, micrometers, dippers, and a back scratcher.
Old January 21, 2013, 07:18 PM   #5
LE-28

forgot my extendable mechanics magnet for picking out steel cases and my extendable grabby thing.
Old January 21, 2013, 08:18 PM   #6
Ozzieman

I forgot something. And being of the gray haired society one of my most used tools.
It’s an opti visor and has a small 9VDC led light. It make inspections very easy and at 30$ a great addition to the bench. If you don’t need one now, trust me you will later on.
http://www.amazon.com/Donegan-OptiVi.../dp/B0015IN8J6

Did you hear about the latest study.....5 out of 6 liberals say that Russian Roulette is safe.