The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 4, 2013, 11:18 PM   #1
Yung.gunr

XD9 trigger job

I've had a XD9 for a couple years so I feel the trigger has smoothed out and lightened up a bit. But, I'm still feeling some mushiness/bumps in the pull that I'm not happy with.

I've heard a lot of good things about Powder River Precision triggers. But, I don't think I want to lower the weight of the pull as I do carry it. I would just like to smooth it out.

Can this be accomplished by polishing the FCG? I've done some polishing on a rifle with great results but I don't know what parts need to be worked on. Does anyone know of a good YouTube video or something that they have used or would RECOMMEND that shows the detail strip and polish? I detail stripped the slide, that was easy enough. So I feel confident that I can do it. Just need an idea of what I'm doing..
Old February 5, 2013, 09:21 AM   #2
railroader

On the powder river trigger kit you can still use your stock springs to keep the pull weight up. I have the ultimate easy fit kit in my xd9. That kit really shortened up the pre travel and the reset. It has a very nice pull now.
Old February 5, 2013, 09:45 AM   #3
Yung.gunr

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of using the original springs. Was also hoping to save some cash and just polish some stuff up, but I'm having a heck of a time finding any info.
Old February 5, 2013, 09:56 AM   #4
TunnelRat

Quote:
On the powder river trigger kit you can still use your stock springs to keep the pull weight up. I have the ultimate easy fit kit in my xd9. That kit really shortened up the pre travel and the reset. It has a very nice pull now.
In that case what parts are you replacing? Just the trigger and safety lever?
Maintain situational awareness
Old February 5, 2013, 10:03 AM   #5
EdInk

Get the PRP trigger