The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old January 12, 2009, 12:37 PM   #1
str8shot

Anybody got this Ammocheck system?

I came across this on the internet last week and wondered if anybody has any experience with it? Looks like a brand new product. I just ordered one and if it does what it says it's worth the bucks. Even includes the electronic indicator which they sell seperately for $85. My buddy just bought a SPI, looks same and same specs, for $187. http://www.ramproco.com/
Old January 12, 2009, 07:25 PM   #2
rn22723

Sort of like the Bersin line up of tools, and the new one that Hornady is coming out with.
Old January 12, 2009, 08:50 PM   #3
Shoney

Other tools to measure concentricity are available from:

Forster/Bonanza Co-Ax Indicator;
Sinclair International;
NECO;
RCBS.

The NECO Gauge and RCBS Case Master, are capable of everything the Ammopcheck advertises. The RCBS Case Master is only $90.00, compared to the $350 for the Ammocheck.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111
Old January 14, 2009, 10:27 AM   #4
str8shot

FYI I received my Ammocheck system last night and took it over to a friends to compare with his Case Master. There just isn't any comparison...the AmmoCheck wins hands down! Granted they both do concentricity (AmmoCheck rotates on bearings, casemaster on aluminum blocks) but after that it's not even close. I'm not knocking the casemaster but this Ammocheck thing is designed for industrial use. There digital indicator sure makes it easy and fast to measure Plus it comes with calibration rods. It's really heavy with a steel base. We didn't check out everything but I'm already a happy camper. Ya get what ya pays fer. Two thumbs up!!