The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 7, 2013, 08:31 PM   #26
Fargazer

I'll chime in also; my wife and I each have one, and it's great. We misplaced one, and immediately bought another - if the lost one turns up it will go in the "guest equipment" range bag.
Old January 7, 2013, 08:55 PM   #27
PSP

Quote:
LULA magazine loader ? is it worth it ?
Definite YES! I don't go to the range without it.
Old January 8, 2013, 09:06 AM   #28
eldorendo

I own a couple of LULAs for my ARs and an UPLULA for my pistols. I don't use stripper clips, so the regular LULA works great for loading and UNLOADING AR mags. The LULA also relieves all pressure on the feed lips, and I'd have to think that that'd extend the life of the feed lips.

I just ordered another UPLULA for my youngest son, who received a Kimber Pro Raptor II for Christmas.

I'd have to opine that anybody authoritatively asserting that they don't "need" any assistance in loading mags has never tried either of the referenced aids.
Old January 9, 2013, 01:01 AM   #29
Barnaby

It's on my priority list of items I want. When I first used my SR9c at range I was struggling loading the mags. The range officer loaned my this UPLULA loader and wow, it was fast and easy. I've used the factory metal loader which "works", but still not as nice.

I've watched others hand load mags on my particular gun and some make it look easy. But I haven't learned the 'technique' or have the strength, and handloading takes forever, I continually cut myself or get frustrated .
Old January 9, 2013, 01:26 AM   #30
meanmachine1961

One of the most handy items you will ever purchase.
Old January 9, 2013, 01:55 AM   #31
Justice06RR

Quote:
Yes they work as advertized and save wear and tear on the fingers, especially with 9mm high cap mags.
^ This.

They are a must for full capacity or high-cap 30+rd mags, esp in Glock 33rounders. After about 15rds, its very hard on your fingers to load another 15, nearly impossible unless you are very strong.

They are essential when I full-load my 33round Glock mags.
Old January 9, 2013, 02:21 AM   #32
Sheriff Gotcha

I bought mine before I even had my own gun. Worth every penny spent. If my 22's took more than 10 rounds I'd get one for that too. Loading 16 round 9mm mags literally takes seconds.